• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

photo help! please and thanks :)

12 posts in this topic

i have gott'n a new S5 IS canon. i love the SUPER MACRO, but i have to get so close to the coin or item itself which in turn leaves a reflection of my cam or more.

what lense do i need to not be right up on the coin but still get the look of being right up on it :) my lights seem to work fine for the imaging i am doing but when i get close im just blocking out the light sourse :(

what do i need to do? other than getting a stand, i like the stand idea but i like being in more control of angles and such.

silverroundindian.jpg

forumstuff008.jpg

forumstuff004-5.jpg

I have the same issue Ant. The supermacro is great for non-reflective coins, but for the proofs, you may want to just set on macro or leave normal and takes pics from a distance. You can set your cameras settings to take very large pixel pictures which will enable you to crop the picture down to the coin and still have a decent size picture with nice details.

If you guys want to be able to get further from the coin without the coin not filling the frame, try a tele-converter.

A 2X should work fine, and i'm sure they make them for point and shoot cameras.

Ray

could you tell me more about the tele converter? like, what is it, what does it do?

I've got the same problem. Reflection of the camera off the plastic.

a partial solution is to take a black piece of paper, cut a hole in it and wrap it around the camera. that only gets rid of some of the reflection, but not the lens reflection of course.

yes! i need to know which 1 to buy! i need to get in close to my jewelry also and again when i get close i block out light :(

I parused Ebay and came up with this kit, but all you really need is the 2X telephoto converter if you can find one....... and the adaptor of course.

It will allow you to be twice as far away, and still get the same size image as when you were closer (half the distance as when using the tele converter)

Ray

I bought a set of lenses off ebay for my camera. It has 1x, 2x, & 4x lenses for my canon that can all be tied together so you are able to get further away and still bring the coin in. They weren't the most expensive lenses, but they work fairly decent! I bought them from this seller on ebay. southbaycamera

In the old days tele converters cost you an F/stop or two.

Is that still true with these new types?

Not that I have seen then again I do not know what I am doing with cameras.