• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Time for another Guess the Grade™ GRADE REVEALED

26 posts in this topic

depending on the wear above forhead and ear. i cant realy tell what is what whith all the "toning" im going to say ms63 pl

Where's the wear? I don't see it. Some scrapes make it a MS-64. The second obverse looks different than the first obverse. You get them mixed up?

i just cant stop looking. i saw the stuff that looked the same but it has me feeling like my eyes r tricking me.

ok then my question is on the bottom it looks 63. why does it show wear but the top looks far better?
To tell you the truth, I don't know what you're seeing as it doesn't have any wear.

BankNote1: The stuff on the reverse is just part of the toning. Why it toned exactly like that I don't know, but it matches the rest of the coin perfectly and I like it quite a bit. :)

obvS.jpgrevS.jpg

IMO it has a very good chance of regrading at the 66PL level. My camera really picks up and magnifies the slightest disturbance...in hand you can see that the "hits" on the cheek actually aren't hits at all, just breaks in the frost (all except the one directly above the neck/jaw line. that is the only actual hit on the cheek). This one will be staying with me and probably going along with my next submission. :)

I think 65PL serves it well. I think you would be wasting your money trying for 66. That mark just above the jawline should keep it from getting 66.

Chris

Does the "toning" on this coin not strike anybody as odd ? Rather than toning, in particular the reverse, it appears to me that the coin was covered with lacquer that has aged and yellowed and has been flaking off.

Now I must admit that if that is so that I am surprised that it was slabbed even 20 years ago by the ANA. But perhaps it did not look like that 20 years ago.

Sweet grade! It's tough to determine reflectivity from an image. The last image does reveal more PL character than the earlier ones. Congratulations!
Thanks. :)

IMHO, it is a liner 65. And I dont think, at least from the pics, that it would PL at PCGS since the date is common with semi PL fields.

Toning looks ok to me.

Also I think these old small Anacs holders could soon carry a premium much like PCGS rattlers do.