• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1/2 oz GOLD CHALLENGE!

8 posts in this topic

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1/2 oz GOLD CHALLENGE!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought it would be fun to mix things up a bit and try a new sort of "for sale or trade" thread. I posted this across the street the other day and I've had some supportive comments about it, so I thought I'd cross-post it here.

Here's the idea: I'm going to start this thread out with a group of items that I am willing to trade for 1/2 ounce of gold (any combo of fractional MS gold eagles or gold britannias) OR sell for the equivalent spot price.

I will try and start out my lot at close to or higher than the spot value of 1/2 oz Au. Then every day or two, I'll add something else to the group until someone pulls the trigger.

ITEMS FOR SALE OR TRADE: ---- SPOT FOR 1/2 oz Au = $460 (3/21)

ADDED 3/22:

proof_eagles.jpg

Group of Eight American Silver Eagle Proofs - Includes several better dates.

All coins are in original mint case, with outer box and COA. I took a look through the boxes and I don't see any milk spots.

---------

$430 val.

ADDED 3/22:

two_silver_eagles.jpg

Two Uncirculated Silver Eagles

1986 - slight rim toning

2004 - minor milk spotting

---------

$40 val.

ADDED 3/23:

franklin58d.jpg

Raw 1958-D Franklin Half Dollar - approx MS64 FBL

---------

$15 val.

ADDED 3/24:

washington_commems.jpg

Two 1982 Washington Commems (1 proof, 1 uncirc) - 0.724 oz silver

Minor spotting on the uncirculated coin, toning beginning on the proof.

Coins still in original mint packaging.

---------

$15 val.

DETAILS:

We'll each cover our own shipping. There will be a 5 business day return policy for both of us; if either person wants to reverse the trade, then we do so. Regarding the gold, I only ask that the coins be MS, not proof, and that they not be banged up.

If you want to simply buy everything, I'll take a USPS money order or you may add 3% for paypal and shipping is included.

NEW SILVER ADDED 3/24

Curently at a $500 estimated value. 1/2 oz of gold is at $463.

I'm not sure if I can (or should!) add anything else to this or not. I may have to just put everything on eBay soon.

Not adding anything new tonight.

If anyone out there is interested in a trade, can you let me know if I'm getting close, or if I'm wasting my time with this?

If I don't hear from anyone within a day or two, I'll just prepare to either offer the coins separately here or on eBay.

Would there be any more interest if I broke this down into groups to trade for smaller amounts of gold? If anyone is interested but can't do the 1/2 oz, let me know and perhaps we can work out a trade.

Thanks, Jeff. Just to clarify, I'm also up for, say, two quarter ounces, five 1/10s, or something like that. While I'd prefer US eagles, Canada Maple Leaves or Britannias, I'm flexible about what form the gold came in at present.