• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

*RANT* NGC Reholder service ... BE careful what you do!

16 posts in this topic

As most of you know .. I am probably one of NGC best clients - Making Multi Slabs - Changing multi Slabs - upgrading existing multi holders.

I think this has STICKER implications because I was called thrice saying they would not reholder coins into NEW multi Slabs with the EXISTING SINGLE NGC CERTIFICATIONS. In other words thay are performing a SERVICE I did not ask for and DID not Require to perform the service requested (regrade).

They down graded or would not slab a coin ALREADY in one of thier holders ..

What are you thoughts on this ...

rantrant:censored::sorry:(shrug):mad:

This is contrary to what they told me over the phone. I want to submit a year set of my father's birth year to be put in a multi-holder. But one of the coins is already in an NGC slab. I was told that they would do this if I sent the coins to be graded on one form and a reholder request on another form but in the same package.

I asked about the potential disparity of grades and was told that they would list the coins and the different grades on each line. The graded coin is an MS65 Merc, but the Walker is phenomenal and could grade MS66. The cent is an average red, maybe an MS64RD. I was never good at guessing Buffaloes, so I am not going to try!

So what happens if the cent is graded MS64, will they downgrade all the coins to MS64, including the NGC graded Merc? The coin was bought at MS65 prices. Would NGC's guarantee reimburse me for the difference?

Now you have me worried!!

Scott :hi:

Appearently it is at THIER descretion if the coin in an EXISTING NGC holder remians at the same grade or designation

As most of you know .. I am probably one of NGC best clients ...
I think not. ;)

Really ??? Mark I am very dis-appointed in you for not at least doing a LITTLE research with whom you do business ...

Not Really its modern so I forgive you :)

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1643714&page=1#Post1643714

I think not. ;)

Really ??? Mark I am very dis-appointed in you for not at least doing a LITTLE research with whom you do business ...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1643714&page=1#Post1643714

Mike, you think you are one of NGC's "best" clients? Please define "best"?

I think not. ;)

geez mark ... in multi holder usage ... NEVER MIND

Mike,

I think i'm just really tired today, but i'm not following you. I want to understand you, as I just received a multi-holder order back this week, and i have two more to go in (already slabbed NGC coins, coverted to multi). thanks for clarifying for me

Doug

Mike,

I think i'm just really tired today, but i'm not following you. I want to understand you, as I just received a multi-holder order back this week, and i have two more to go in (already slabbed NGC coins, coverted to multi). thanks for clarifying for me

Doug

They took THREE coins which were NGC CERTIFIED and were to be reholdered into EXISTING Multicoin slabs and they said they would NOT reholder them at the present grade - 2 a loss of a grade point and one a loss of cameo designation!

comments!

Mike,

Doug

They took THREE coins which were NGC CERTIFIED and were to be reholdered into EXISTING Multicoin slabs and they said they would NOT reholder them at the present grade - 2 a loss of a grade point and one a loss of cameo designation!

comments!

whoa! they wanted to downgrade your coins, when all you wanted to do was have them reholdered into a multi! man, that doesn't sound like good policy. I was under the impression that the coins are simply cracked out of their NGC slabs, and re-holdered into a multi by someone in that (non-grading) department. Sounds like yours went to a grader too?!

[whoa! they wanted to downgrade your coins, when all you wanted to do was have them reholdered into a multi! man, that doesn't sound like good policy. I was under the impression that the coins are simply cracked out of their NGC slabs, and re-holdered into a multi by someone in that (non-grading) department. Sounds like yours went to a grader too?!

No they do not want to - THEY HAVE if I wanted a Multi holder with THAT coin in it!

I think not. ;)

Sorry, but I wouldn't have any way of knowing that, from this thread or even from the link you included to the other thread. (shrug)

Mike,

Doug

comments!

Were these coins that fall outside their guarantee (i.e. copper and the like)?

Mike,

Doug

comments!

Were these coins that fall outside their guarantee (i.e. copper and the like)?

One was a LINCOLN 1963 ( Cameo loss ) - 2 were grade deprivation Pre 64

I think not. ;)

Sorry, but I wouldn't have any way of knowing that, from this thread or even from the link you included to the other thread. (shrug)

CHILDREN! Do we have to put you two in time out!!! :roflmao:

Scott :hi:

I only submitted a coin once for a reholder.I had dropped it and scarred up a small bit of the plastic. I called up and asked if it would be graded differently etc. I was told that just for the reholdering service which was $5.00 that if it is so marked that it does not go to the "grading" part and is put in the new holder and that is it. I received the coin back in the new holder with no problems.

If I had sent in in for something different like an "Apperarance review: then I wasa told that it would go to "Grading" etc.