• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bugs bunny

12 posts in this topic

Besides being my favorite cartoon character, it is also one of my favorite varieties. (Primarily on the 1955 Franklin, for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about see the attached picture) Does NGC put this variety on slabs? If not, why not? It is listed in Tomaska (pg. 80), the Cherrypickers guide (could someone give me a reference - number, page, edition?), is one of the most popular Franklin varieties, and is listed by ANACS. I'm asking because I'm looking to buy another one, slabbed by NGC as MS-64 FBL, but it's not on the slab.

54552-JPV1obversesmall.jpg.19a5e76b1aa6a0b75ea30dba89ca6bc2.jpg

54553-JPV1detail.jpg.84298706b54e6b40007d34cd974e40c5.jpg

NGC does not recognize this variety.

I've been told two reasons for this:

1) It's not a die variety, but rather nothing more than a clashed die and a rather minor one at that.

2) The term "Bugs Bunny" is not a generic term, but rather owned by Time Warner and they might not take too kindly to a company using a name owned by them.

Just out of curiosity, how many different dates have you collected of "Bugs Bunny" fame?

I've only got the 1955 pictured for now, but that will change. I hear there are several dates, including but not limited to 1951, 1954, 1956 and others I'm sure.

Can't they just put a Cherrypicker's number or something and leave off the Bugs Bunny part?

Woohoo. I just won it, for surprisingly little money. It must be this recession stuff, less people have money to spend, I guess. I got a slabbed, NGC MS-64 FBL Bugs Bunny for $43, and I've seen ANACS MS-63 FBLs go for $45. Tomaska says the record is $750 for a PCGS MS-65 FBL, so I think I got an incredibly good deal. Attached are pictures of my new coin.

d322_1.JPG

d78a_12.JPG

d54f_12.JPG

Woohoo. I just won it, for surprisingly little money. It must be this recession stuff, less people have money to spend, I guess. I got a slabbed, NGC MS-64 FBL Bugs Bunny for $43, and I've seen ANACS MS-63 FBLs go for $45. Tomaska says the record is $750 for a PCGS MS-65 FBL, so I think I got an incredibly good deal. Attached are pictures of my new coin.

d322_1.JPG

d78a_12.JPG

d54f_12.JPG

Congrats that's is a nice coin. (thumbs u

Just for kicks, I checked my "white" Frankie set this morning (I have a white set and an incomplete toned set), and whaddya know, it's a bugs bunny! Grades at least MS-63, and I'm sure I paid less than $10 for it a few years ago.

Well, I just checked the set I won in the Scotsman. I don't have any, but I did manage to find a couple of "carats".

Chris