• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Check out my new Morgans!

12 posts in this topic

I bought these on eBay on Friday, and got them in the mail today. They are pretty, but I bought them mostly since they were a bargain. I don't really collect MS Morgans, though I do have a circ set in a dansco album that will probably continue to have 8 holes until long after I am gone! Anyhow, enjoy the pics and try to guess the grades (per PCGS) and I'll post them tomorrow.

1879-S Obverse

1879-S Reverse

1880-S Obverse

1880-S Reverse

1900 Obverse

1900 Reverse

Sorry, the pics aren't perfect, but I am still getting used to the lighting in my new apartment! confused.gif

Man! My photo skills must really need some work! They are all MS-64, at least according to PCGS, but I would grade the 80-S a point lower and the 1900 a point higher. Then again, I am not a professional grader, not much of a Morgan expert. grin.gif

Just goes to show that it's not really possible to grade off a scan. On first look, the 80-S cheek marks look deep in that picture. When you posted the grade as a 64, I looked again and I guess they could be grazes. Plus, the luster doesn't really show in a scan and that serves to limit a grade opinion.

yeah, I had a feeling they were higher, but went with my instincts from what I saw on the scans. Really nice coins though, getting those grades means the marks are less then they appear, so it sounds like you got yourself some nice pieces there! grin.gif

Yeah, you're right, I'll stop by and say Hi. I just can't keep up over there, as my new job has me very busy and I just don't have the time to wade through all the stuff over there, especially the ! I came over here just because it's easier to keep up!