• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Spotted Eagle ( Before Pictures ) - 2003 - UGLY - Spot Removal DONE!

22 posts in this topic

< breath-holding emoticon >

Careful Vic. You're turning blue.

:bump::screwy:(worship)

Yeah, I wish he'd hurry up and post the pics already.

hold%20breath.jpg

Well here it is -

A Couple of close ups so you can see no scratching of the surface

A Couple of tilted shots as sometimes the milk shows up under angles

A Couple of shots where milk WAS ..

How do they look ... see anything on where this would not get at least an MS68 at a certification company.

54299-ase_test1A.jpg.22204c9837d6ae91847d381f8a5893b3.jpg

54300-ase_test2A.jpg.a488131beeb9e8024b56ecf17ce7e488.jpg

54301-ase_test1.jpg.842e7bf44b3cafeadf7c8b7a7e3bdacf.jpg

54302-ase_test2.jpg.9f96fcdf0a01e4531be63ae4da532d67.jpg

54303-ase_test3.jpg.2480d2237304eda6d0c6908857b92bd4.jpg

54304-ase_test4.jpg.ebc5e76cff8ba5f3a884ab4fd3f400e2.jpg

i do have to say that is awsome! are these being sent in for grading next?

Nah this one has some nicks on it that will deter its technical grade. I am going to buy some slabbed "spotty's" and extract clean and send in and see what happens.

I may use someone like you or another member to send in to keep NGC honest :)

< breath-holding emoticon >

Careful Vic. You're turning blue.

:bump::screwy:(worship)

Yeah, I wish he'd hurry up and post the pics already.

hold%20breath.jpg

Someone dipped Vic in some MS70 :whistle:

:signfunny:

Awesome results, Mike! Are you going to let us in on your little secret? hm

Awesome results, Mike! Are you going to let us in on your little secret? hm

I thought the offer from PCGS was a remedy to stop the spotting, not remove them????
As long as the spots don't come back over time, is this not a remedy to the problem?

I thought the offer from PCGS was a remedy to stop the spotting, not remove them????
As long as the spots don't come back over time, is this not a remedy to the problem?

I presume you would be right Chad. I wonder if there is a timeframe of how long they would give this remedy to work?

So if you do the process before they form that would probably stop them from forming so it fits that way too. But really, how would you test a process to see if it stopped spots from forming? Apply the process and if spots don't form it works? How do you that spots would have formed if you didn't do the process. Or maybe you haven't waited long enough and the spots are still going to form in the future.

The only way to test a preventative solution is statistically. In a thousand eagles X number spot after 6 months, Y after a year etc. Gather this data with several control groups to make sure you have good figures, and then run several test groups after treatment to see if there is a significant reduction from the control group figures.This would be a very expensive or long study.

It makes more sense to search for a non-damaging removal method. Of course you still need to see if the procedure is stable so that the spots don't return. (More likely a shorter test because if it spotted once and they are going to come back, they will probably do so fairly quickly.)