• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinions needed

31 posts in this topic

I'm working on my imaging (stinks!) and posting images (super stinky!), until then would you good people please give me your opinions on my 1832 CBH?

I need Overton and grade and don't be gentile, just honest.

Thanks in advance and these are pretty big files so be aware.

Ray

Obverse

Reverse

It's the size of king kong... lol

Not my series so I can't provide Overtons but my grade opinion is....

AU58 off the obverse....I can't get the reverse image up. Now I know about cabinet friction so this couls very well be the case with this coin but to me it's not UNC.

AU58 off the obverse....I can't get the reverse image up. Now I know about cabinet friction so this couls very well be the case with this coin but to me it's not UNC.

Huummm?

Anyone else having problems with getting the reverse?

Ray

Grade is spot on IMHO, in fact I call it an AU63.

What looks like "rim damage" at 7 o'clock is in fact a planchet flaw/cud of some kind, I will reimage next week after I get my 105mm 1:1 macro.

These were taken with a 50mm f1.4 manual focus lens and extention tubes on a crappy tripod and as you can see, parts of the image are out of focus.

Ray

Nice Bustie! :cloud9:

AU58,

Good strike, pretty toning, just a few light scratches...

This is the just kind of coin I'm looking for the bust half slot in my type set.

I like your photo too, nice work Ray. (thumbs u

Here you go

How the heck did you do that Munky??

I quit!!! But thank you Munky!

Ray

Under the image in photobucket, you see 4 options for code. There's the HTML option, Direct Link, Email, etc. etc.

Just select the IMG code for Forums, and paste it directly into the body of the post. Voila! Images.

Nice Bustie! :cloud9:

AU58,

Good strike, pretty toning, just a few light scratches...

This is the just kind of coin I'm looking for the bust half slot in my type set.

I like your photo too, nice work Ray. (thumbs u

Thanks rex and THANKS MUNKY (thumbs u for your help.

I also have a 1810 CBH in an ANACS holder (AU53) that I will image once I get my new lens.

I might be PM'ing you Munky for some more help once I really start with some serious imaging.

How about an Overton on this coin??

Ray

Your images are quite nice! It's AU and the obverse image is trying to tell me AU55, but I think it is truly AU58 and I am being swayed by the size of the image. It looks like either a planchet imperfection or a spot of corrosion was removed from directly below the eagle's mouth. The piece is far nicer than what is typically found for the series and the late-date subtype. It appears to be an O.103, which is an R1.

Your images are quite nice! It's AU and the obverse image is trying to tell me AU55, but I think it is truly AU58 and I am being swayed by the size of the image. It looks like either a planchet imperfection or a spot of corrosion was removed from directly below the eagle's mouth. The piece is far nicer than what is typically found for the series and the late-date subtype. It appears to be an O.103, which is an R1.

Tom,

In hand the coin looks untouched (and I think it's truly original) and it's a beauty.

O103.............DARN! I don't no squat about these things and was hoping for an R7.......Oh well.

BTW, my images stink! I will reimage this coin and many many more in the near future.

I will probably get on all your nerves by the time i'm done attaching images.

Thanks as always,

Ray

How does the reverse tell you it's a 55?

Am I missing something?

Thanks again,

Ray

The obverse is trying to tell me AU55 because there is readily apparent wear throughout most of the cheek from just below the eye socket to the jawline as well as on the bust leading to the drapery. Additionally, the very high point of the eyebrow and the curl directly above it are considerably flat, though this is not unusual for an area of strike deficiency, but each of the highpoints of the waves of the curves cascading down the back of the portrait also appear to have wear. Lastly, there are myriad hairline scratches across the obverse field and devices. The coin is clearly AU, but the size of the image is tricking me into thinking that it is more circulated than it actually is, in my opinion.

The obverse is trying to tell me AU55 because there is readily apparent wear throughout most of the cheek from just below the eye socket to the jawline as well as on the bust leading to the drapery. Additionally, the very high point of the eyebrow and the curl directly above it are considerably flat, though this is not unusual for an area of strike deficiency, but each of the highpoints of the waves of the curves cascading down the back of the portrait also appear to have wear. Lastly, there are myriad hairline scratches across the obverse field and devices. The coin is clearly AU, but the size of the image is tricking me into thinking that it is more circulated than it actually is, in my opinion.

Sorry Tom, I misread your post.......obverse.

Either way I don't see a 55 coin.

I guess my images really do stink! I will repost next week after I get my new lens.

Ray

I think the images are nice unless they are hiding something that we can't see and you know. It's a nice AU coin besides the ding on the Obv..

I can't get either image either...but the King Kong size will help me to see it better when it reappears. I have my Overton book right here at my desk so I would be happy to try to figure out the variety.

RI AL

I found this among some loose coins. Looks to be in really good shape. Can I get an opinion on soem grades for this Roosevelt?

Thanks

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj194/CHABSENTIA/rob.jpg

http://i272.pjhotobucket.com/albums/jj194/CHABSENTIA/rrev.jpg

Thanks for hijacking my thread.... (thumbs u

Ray