• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you think of this walker??

20 posts in this topic

Here is a recent purchase. Do you like the toning? What grade would you assign the piece? Like the coin overall? Thoughts wanted...

4663.jpg

46631.jpg

The Obverse looks so moody/Atmospheric to me / love the golden tone on the reverse

MS63 with the hits on the Obverse (but i know nothing)

I like the toning on this Bruce. There is a few nics here and there that I think would keep it at a MS62. Looks nice though!!

I like it very much and not only does it has a good thumb, but it looks as though it has good luster peeking through the reverse.

Bruce, this coin would have done really nice had it not been for the digs on the wrist, ray and eagles leg. Although they are out of the focal areas, they are still very noticeable, especially in the image. Those hits maybe less highlighted in hand, but distracting none the less.

Very nice fully struck head and split finger with fantastic sandal lacings. The tone is a bit mottled on the obverse but not ugly with a nice even tone throughout the reverse, I’d be willing to bet this is a stunner in hand.

Grade….ummm solid 64 with a very good chance at a 65!

Nice 46 Walker, good strike, nice original tone, nothing fancy.

I'm going to be a little conservative and call it a 63 maybe a 64 due to the nicks, though I may well be being too conservative. Very nice strike, and it seems original. I personally don't like them quite that crusty, though I think others might. It's subjective. Good show!

I like the toning...I suspect the photos don't do it justice. (thumbs u I'm gonna guess MS64.

Correct the photos do it no justice!

I agree with the MS-63 grade for the piece.

This dark toning is OK by me, but that's not the case with most Walking Liberty half collectors. They like their coins white, even if that involves dipping.

I know, I know, we all like original coins, and many of us like toning, but where you are on the other side of the table trying to sell these coins at shows, the white ones are easier to sell.

You either love or hate this type of toning.

I love it.

I believe the piece is a little too ticky for a 64. I have a 46 in 64 plastic and it is a lot cleaner.

That said, I see this one going 63 with a lot going for her, but the ticks holding her back.