• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Milk Spot Experiment - jgrinz process #1

25 posts in this topic

Thanks Ant for the donated coin.

I only have an AFTER treatment shot ;( as I forgot to take a before. shot. :pullhair:

I am sure ANT can tell this is his coin by the reed damage at the left side of the coin

Can anyone tell WHERE the large spotting was on this coin.

Yes its on the obverse :makepoint:

53734-ase1.jpg.8c74dfdaf6076a1d13cc420cc11e598f.jpg

Mike... Now the true test comes. If this holds up over time, and does not in any way devaule or lower the condition of the coin, you may have yourself $50,000.

Great job, Mike. Now, do you have anything that will take those nicks out? If so, $50k would only be a drop in the bucket. lol

I hope this holds up, many, many investors would really appreciate this.

Jim

I do not have a before and after so here is a picture of where the HEAVY milk spotting was and with this shot you can see NO agressive 'cleaning' marks are seen - Of course you can see the coins other issues ( What do you think it was donated for duh )

53740-ase2.jpg.41be6968687882a6929e0f0e9b19dac0.jpg

Wanna try a proof?

I did not think PROOFs had the same issue. Do you have a picture of it ?

I will let you know if I think My Process will work on it.

I thought Proofs were the main problem.

MS coins had the MAIN milk spotting issue. I used to have a hole book of spotted ones ..hence the creation of this process.

If PROOFs had it too I have not seen one and I own the whole PROOF set without an issue.

Pictures of a PROOF ASE with Milk spots anyone ( Previous Poster ) ???

I may be incorrect but Proof coins that develop spots in the "fields" are easily dipped off but when the spots form on the cameo then they cannot be removed.

I'm curious to see some "before" and then "after" photo's.

I may be incorrect but Proof coins that develop spots in the "fields" are easily dipped off but when the spots form on the cameo then they cannot be removed.

I'm curious to see some "before" and then "after" photo's.

Yeah I am a doofus .. I have asked ANT if he had a picture of the coin BEFORE I got it ...

wow that is nice! the milk spot was BIG but i dont see a trace. hope this stands the test of time now :) well worth the donate :)

we need to see a proof though. :)

Mike,

Try a few more and let us know the results. The main thing now is will this stand up over time?

I need a few more donations .. I put the word up again in the marketplace. The price of the Silver barely pays for materials.

Wow .. that is serious spotting.

I am not sure my system will work on PROOFs but I am willing to try.

I emailed the person that asked and I told him to send it along.

We will see what happens.

I finally got this coin from SatTECH that I going to experiment on and will keep you posted ..here is his picture

55510-NastyEagle2.jpg.d98a4df45cd65e2cd4d961880c6b091c.jpg

In One Word - Terrible -

The 'contamination on this coin was DEEP ... I can see why PCGS gave up on it and piad SatTech for it. My Initial attempt to restore it, it 'laughed' at me ... in my haste to go a little deeper it took out the surface :( ... CAN YOU SAY CLEANING LINES hahahahahah .. I guess I will stick to MS coins ;) - Although this was a BAD CASE ...

Do not laugh too hard !

55683-crap.jpg.37c0dbd0582b61afeed3bbe4dc4df968.jpg

Hey...you scratched my coin!

Just kidding...I'm using one of the other ones as a pocket piece myself...Well, at least now you know...I can see where the fields on proofs would be problematic, and intolerant of much abuse.

In One Word - Terrible -

The 'contamination on this coin was DEEP ... I can see why PCGS gave up on it and piad SatTech for it. My Initial attempt to restore it, it 'laughed' at me ... in my haste to go a little deeper it took out the surface :( ... CAN YOU SAY CLEANING LINES hahahahahah .. I guess I will stick to MS coins ;) - Although this was a BAD CASE ...

Do not laugh too hard !

this is a good representation of what cleaning lines can look like