• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Care to guess? AT

22 posts in this topic

Can natural toning be scraped off while this looks to be burnt in, where am I going wrong here? Doesn't natural toning under a loupe have some thickness to it etc, again where as this is now almost part of the metal.

my guess is a light oil..maybe cooking spray, then place in an oven preheated to 400 degrees....let bake 40 minutes..after 40 minutes , set oven to BROIL for 1 minute per side at close distance

Serve with asparagus and rice pilaf...

flea.jpg

Purportedly this dime was removed from Flea’s (Michael Peter Balzary) pocket by EMT’s after he got

to close to the open flames at this recent photo shoot. When asked about the incident, Flea looked a

reporter in the eye and said, “Give it way, give it away, give it away now!”

This is an image of the coin before I toned it. It was pulled from pocket change and had a PL look to it.

All I did was place on my stoves heating element for about 1 min. I have one of those fast heating cook stoves and the eye gets red hot in seconds with a glass top.

10before.jpg

Go directly to your room for being a naughty boy! (tsk)

This wasnt to change the coin to make a sale it was a test to see what colors I got from simple heat.

Seeing alot of other coins in slabs with the some of the same colors I just was messing around.

I have found other coins do even better when I time the heat and or place a heat sink of diffrent sizes either under them or over them.

I fully understand but unless your careful, this is where it all starts!

A little experiment here, a little experiment there and before you know it, you're perfecting your technique and then whammo!

I remember a poster across the street that was asking about how to tone coins and voila!

He got busted selling them!

Now go back to your room and stay away from the stove or I'll tell Mom! :roflmao: