• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does NGC grade these?

8 posts in this topic

I'm not famialir with that issue, but I believe I have seen 16th century coins of that type in NGC holders.

If you check the NGC website, it lists the coins they will grade. But I have seen others that are not listed in NGC holders.

That list of countries they grade is woefully incomplete and incorrect in some areas.

Based on what I've submitted and been told, NGC will pretty much grade:

98% of the coins listed in the Krause catalogs (1600-2008). I've been told no to Cash coinage and no rectangle Japanese coins.

Talers and their multiples listed in Davenport.

Italian coins listed in Corpus Nummorum Italicorum dating back to at least 10th century.

Great Britain coins listed in Seaby dating back to at least 10th century).

Spanish coins listed in Cayon dating back to at least 10th century.

Polish coins listed in Gumowski. While the book lists coins back to the 10th century, I've had coins from the 12th-13th century rejected, so I'm not sure how far back they go.

75% of the coins listed in Unusual World Coins. Never figured out why they say yes to some, but not others.

Your coin is listed in Saurmasche Münzsammlung, so I suspect they would grade it - especially if you can point them in the right direction of German State.