• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did I spell it out enough or should I eloborate some more ....

15 posts in this topic

Painted Lady

Please read and discuss the discription to this auction and tell me if you think it is DESCRIBED ENOUGH for the person to UNDERSTAND what he is buying.

As Seen Before

53585-painted.jpg.02a8d0fb8c03ed41a7fbb00c1159bc82.jpg

If you really want bidders to know what you're offering, you should include "artificially toned" in the listing title. And why, on earth, did you start a new thread on this topic instead of posting to your previous thread? :baiting:

If you really want bidders to know what you're offering, you should include "artificially toned" in the listing title. And why, on earth, did you start a new thread on this topic instead of posting to your previous thread? :baiting:

Just to irratate you Mark ... I know how you live for it :)

It is in the title

Artisan - a skilled worker who practices some trade or handicraft

It is also in the description -

'The work of a coin doctor is really highlighted in this piece with its artificially toned colourization of this coin'

I think he's given it an honest description given that he wants to sell the piece. It would be rather hard to get very many bids if he came clean and stated, “Most serious collectors hate the look of this stuff. AND even though the coin doctor started with a Mint State coin, what he has done to it has permanently damaged the Mint State surfaces.” Such statements would not be the hallmarks of salesmanship.

He has told us that it is a doctored piece and then gone into how beautiful it is. Given what some people post on this site, there are actually a few collectors who find this stuff attractive and appealing. There was actually a string over on the “Numismatic Tangents” board last week that started with a doctored Jefferson nickel in a PCI slab.

So if you want coins with neon colors, the coin doctors can supply them. I just hope that they don’t become very popular because such a movement could result in damaging a lot of otherwise collectable coins.

Looks good to me Mike and I bet it brings $50 plus

It will be sad if the thing does bring $50. Like I always say, feeding the animals is not a good practice.

Looks good to me Mike and I bet it brings $50 plus

It will be sad if the thing does bring $50. Like I always say, feeding the animals is not a good practice.

I don't know BIll, there are people out there that will buy these just once with this type of AT'g just to have. They are mainly novice collectors. Not much different, in my opinion, from colored qtrs, gold plated coins, etc...and they sell quite effectively also.

...It is in the title

Artisan - a skilled worker who practices some trade or handicraft

It is also in the description -

'The work of a coin doctor is really highlighted in this piece with its artificially toned colourization of this coin'

I realize that, but not everyone reads as much or as carefully as they should and you did ask for feedback.

'Valid' Feedback! meh

Next you will be commenting on my articulation with the usage of the word 'artisan' in the title huh :)

:baiting:

'Valid' Feedback! meh

Next you will be commenting on my articulation with the usage of the word 'artisan' in the title huh :)

:baiting:

No, that would serve only to make your day. :devil:

If you could spell correctly and use standard American English instead of British English spelling it would be an even better auction.

I have no issues with the eBay description at all.

Yes, Mike, just be careful not to be too forthright, otherwise you may find your listing pulled by eBay like they did to James.

Chris

No, but I would wonder if everybody on Ebay knows the meaning of the word Artisan.

I can remember when I was a Manager in Retail and was asked my opinion on a Carpet Cleaner Foam type aerosal can. There was a highlighted portion on the can that said " Residual action" and the customer was questioning it because she " didn't want any residue left on her carpet".