• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buffalo or ladies

Buffalo or Ladies  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Buffalo or Ladies

17 posts in this topic

I voted MS Buff's as i think this is a more realistic goal and you get some age for your money

He's talking about the modern US Mint 24K .9999 Fine 1oz Gold Buffaloes, not the 1913-1938 Buffalo nickels lol

I voted for Buffalo Proofs.

I voted first spouse ms because I believe these will become true rarities with time as many are already hitting the melting pots and only 20,000 were minted

I voted MS Buff's as i think this is a more realistic goal and you get some age for your money

He's talking about the modern US Mint 24K .9999 Fine 1oz Gold Buffaloes, not the 1913-1938 Buffalo nickels lol

I voted for Buffalo Proofs.

What !! he must be loaded !! stuff them both then if he is going to spend that type of money he should go fore some classic English gold hammered or even Celtic and get some real historic coins

a3dc_1.jpg

a48f_1.jpg

celticgoldstatercunobelinrev240.jpgcelticgoldstatercunobelinobv240.jpg

Whoof !!!! i say

Personally, I just don't like the Buffalo design (in nickel or gold). I realize I'm probably one of the only people on this board who doesn't like the design. So I'd go for the lovely ladies.

Personally, I just don't like the Buffalo design (in nickel or gold). I realize I'm probably one of the only people on this board who doesn't like the design. So I'd go for the lovely ladies.
:o:screwy: [font:Arial Black]Sacrilege![/font] :sorry:

(::jokealert:

BTW: I prefer the proof Buffalo. It's 24 karat gold and I am a fan of both Weinman's designs!

I have the 2006 and 2007. With the gold prices up, I may not be able to do the 2008! :pullhair:

Scott :hi:

I like Proof Buffalo Nickels, but that's just me.

I like Mint State Buffalo Nickels more than I do the first spouse stiff. In the future those are mostly going to be bullion coins unless the sales drop throug the floor. In that case some people will promote these coins to coins to skies because of the low mintages and speculators will buy them.

The current mintate limit of 20 thousand Proofs and 20 thousand Mint State pieces will not be low enough to sustain the high prices IMO.

Yeah, I figured I'd get a response like this from one or more folks.

Yeah, I figured I'd get a response like this from one or more folks.

Yea.. but you forgot the: :jokealert:

:P

Scott :hi:

I agree with you. The only reason I put together a set of the buffalo nickels was beacuse I had already finished sets of the Jefferson,Liberty head and shield nickels. I figured I might as well do the buffalos too and have a complete set of all of the nickels. Otherwise I would probably never have done them.