• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

and what the heck is this i cant figure what is what to even look :P

15 posts in this topic

The pearl is at the bottom of the reverse between the wreath halves, under the date. It would be rare if the pearl was not there. This is from the first year of issue for the State of Israel. At the time, 1000 Pruta was 1 pound.

I have the World Guide at home. I can look it up later.

Scott :hi:

Israel KM# 11. Page 1068 of the 2007 Edition of the 20th century Standard Catalog.

Marked as JE5709 (1949) with Pearl.

JE is how the Krause catalog designates the date on the Jewish calendar, which is a lunar calendar.

And I had it backward. The 1 and 5 pruta are more valuable without the pearl. The 25 pruta is more valuable as uncirculated coins ($20 with pearl versus $5.00 without).

I hope that helps.

And the 10 Prutot (which is how the SCWC denominates KM 11) is also more valuable with the pearl.

(I think Scottt had a typo and put 25 when he meant 10 because the 25 is more valuable WITHOUT the pearl $30 with out and $2 with.)

And the 10 Prutot (which is how the SCWC denominates KM 11) is also more valuable with the pearl.

(I think Scottt had a typo and put 25 when he meant 10 because the 25 is more valuable WITHOUT the pearl $30 with out and $2 with.)

Yea... I know... that's what I get for doing the typing late at night!! :(