• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grade me please!

12 posts in this topic

It's hard for me to grade proofs while still in a slab/holder. Too many marks can interfere with what I'm looking at. As far as I'm concerned, the SBA's never did have good strikes on any of thier coins. I do see some spotting going on and if I had to guess would probably go PF64.

Looks like there's a whole bunch of on the slab... I can't imagine that this coin is spotted and hairlined in person.

My WAG is PR69DCAM

Edit: TomB is right, I thought the coin was in a slab. It's still in the OGP! I don't know what the grade would be, then. If the spot is on the coin then I don't see it grading high.

Looks like it's still in the original government packaging and also looks like it has a big, honking spot within the loop of the second 9.

Ditto on the HONKING and HAZE spot on the moon

66-67 at best

it is in ogp! should i break out and glove up?

the sba is very close in price no matter how you look at it.

pf62 pf69

92.00 96.60 103.20 105.60 112.50 115.00 117.50 125.00

yes this is the open s set and im wondering if it is worth sending. but dont want to crack out to have them give more reason for bb. what do i do.

I don't think you are get a BB, but I'd be surprised if you got more than PR-67 DCam because of the toning. The spot in the middle of the "9" in the date really takes it out when it comes to some high grade like 69 or 70.

I don't know how many people buy these things in lower grade Proof slabs. I would think that the group is pretty small because most of those guys are looking for PR-70s to put up on registry sets. You might be better off financially not getting this slabbed for that reason. Even a PR-69 is not worth enough to bother with a slab IMO.