• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

my dad started me with this and now i have a cam :)

18 posts in this topic

Nice Morgan there Ant, too bad for the rim chips. Nice hand me down for sure!

Goof Ball - Thats the retainers for the coin within the GSA holder :makepoint:

:kidaround::insane::acclaim::tonofbricks:

Nice Morgan there Ant, too bad for the rim chips. Nice hand me down for sure!

Goof Ball - Thats the retainers for the coin within the GSA holder :makepoint:

:kidaround::insane::acclaim::tonofbricks:

doh! I've never seen the GSA holder up that close! Thanks Mike! Sorry Ant!

From what I can see that coin is an MS63......CC are known to be pretty beqat up so usually they make allowances at the top TPGs for a few more bumps.......looks like a PQ 62 too me hm

It has a VERY nice look to it....as Kryptonite said, it DOES look 63, for the reasons he specified. At first I thought the same thing jgrinz said, a little too much going on in the facial area, but again, as Kryptonite says, they usually ARE a bit more lenient on CC's for 'acne', and baggies. Regardless of what the label says, I like it alot!!

I recently came into possession of one of the CC Morgans in a GSA holder, also with the "grading band" from NGC.

Since the GSA holder is not guaranteed by NGC, and NGC guarantee doesn't apply in general, I've been toying with submitting it to be removed and put into a regular holder. I am told that because it is in a GSA holder, and I can request that GSA HOARD be noted as a "pedigree" on the slab, and that SEEMS good enough to me.

Thoughts folks? Is it really more desirable to keep the coin in the GSA holder than to get it cracked and out into a sealed holder that can truly protect it forever?

The other twist is that i thought of perhaps sending the coin to NCS first, and having them evaluate it for Conservation, and if they can do anything which may "up" the grade BEFORE it goes into the regular NGC slab with "GSA HOARD" noted on it, that would REALLY make my day.

Am I just weird that I'd prefer a regular slab to the unruly sized original package?

I feel the same way about the Brown Box Ikes (I had a BUNCH of those yanked out recently and put in 1st Year of Issue Slabs).

I feel even MORE strongly about Blue Pack Ikes, where NGC just sort of puts the mylar into another "archival" sleeve, but is EXPLICIT about how the guarantee does NOT apply. I cut a bunch of Blue Packs on a recent submission too, also going for the 1st Year of Issue label since it was not a resubmission. The price differential up-front is minimal, so I splurged. I also happen to be an Ike fan, so perhaps I am biased.

But back to the question... GSA Hoard ORIGINAL, or NGC Slab with "GSA HOARD" noted?

Peanut Gallery?

BULLY, the coins are usually more desirable in their original GSA holders. I can see how you would prefer the NGC slab for organization's sake, but to preserve the history of the item, I would leave it in its original holder.

i like the ogp on the gsa dollars. only the morgans though. i cant stand the soft packs. but keeping it in the ogp makes it more original and valuable. being that ngc andf others are going through some hard times when it comes to grading. i have seen coins that shouldnt be in holders go in and coins that should be in them get passed up. seeing the morgans in ogp is what lets me know they havnt messed with coin. pluss its the fastest grading ever.

how can they say gsa on a ngc label. once it is taken out of ogp you must proov that it is actualy the coin. and we all know they mess up.

i myself keep it in there ogp!