• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

new piece!

15 posts in this topic

very nice ant..and if I say so, your pics seem to get better everytime...really shows the character of that old Mexican reales

PS: I couldn't help myself--pulled out the Krause, does anyone know what the TB..AH...JS..stand for???...or even the date is written 1886Ga..what's that?...thought it might be a variety from the date ( is that a 5 or split 6?)..but no info in Krause...these coins have now captured my interest..

I've got the Guanajuato minto ( thus the G and O)..assuming it's an 1885..and not 1885/75 then it says $65 in unc....and $20 in XF..yours looks AU so somewhere between??...

looking closer, yours may actually be the 1885/75...ant use your microscope cam and give us a close up view of that second 8 in the date...you may have lucked into a nice variety also !!!

PS: I couldn't help myself--pulled out the Krause, does anyone know what the TB..AH...JS..stand for???...or even the date is written 1886Ga..what's that?...thought it might be a variety from the date ( is that a 5 or split 6?)..but no info in Krause...these coins have now captured my interest

The two letters after the date indicate the mint that struck the coin, The other two letters are the Mint Assayers initials. In the 5th edition of the 1801 - 1900 book the information on the mints and the assayers initials can be found on pages 846 and 847.