• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Speaking of unusual coins...

13 posts in this topic

Well, Somalia does it again. Not only did they issue my "Man, is that ugly" coin from my earlier post...but I just found these on E-Bay. #350018483059. Of course, I was hunting for the "guitar" coins...also from Somalia....not sure what they're putting in their breakfast cereal over there...but I don't plan to stand in line for a box of it!

RI AL

The picture stinks because these coins are great in hand. Although I have not ridden a motorcycle in many years, I still have a love for the two wheeled fun machines! I bought them from Wayne Herndon, a sometimes poster here, in Baltimore last year. I love them.

You can read what I wrote about them here, on my blog. I will post the picture here, which is far better looking than the one in the eBay posting.

Scott :hi:

53078-2007-Somalia-Motorcycles.jpg.7ba184a0a1bcca70eb914897fac60927.jpg

Good morning.

There are six in the Somalia guitar set. E-Bay 270205502433 shows a complete 6 piece set certified by NGC. They really are kind of neat looking. I might pick 1 example up. Also, I remember seeing them offered by Valley VIew (back page of some back issue COIN WORLD magazines) at 1-800-648-0808. for $14.95 per piece. I wonder if they could assemble a 6 piece set? The 6 piece motorcycle set was also in a back ad at Valley View for $59.50, raw. It might be worth a call to see if they still have them.

RI Al

I think I'll pick up one also--had a Gibson SG in college--, if I can find one already slabbed...figure it will be cheaper that way......not to mention, my pile of "too be slabbed" coins is getting REALLY large...might need to inquire about bulk submissions...

too funny..I had never even heard of Vanuatu until I recently bought a silver coin from there...and now these...I like them !!