• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Man...that is "WICKED" ugly!

13 posts in this topic

Well, there have been many really interesting threads here, but a coin I came across today inspired me to start a new one.

This "coin" is a 25 shilling piece from Somalia dated 2001 honoring Mozart. It is also unlisted in the Standard Catalog 2001-date. (Actually I find that much of 2006 is missing though the copyright date is 2007. I wonder when the third edition will be coming out.) Anyway, I am attaching scans so you can revel in its wicked ugliness. Can anyone top THIS? Gee..this should be interesting.

Better yet...how about another contest (but I don't know how to set up a poll here but I have seen people do it). I will send 15 different foreign coins, all expense paid (hopefully for another YN) to the winner of the "Wicked Ugly Coin Contest" if someone can help me set up a poll and y'all submit entries. We're talking COINS here...no ex girl-friends, current girl friends or mothers in law.

Have a good evening. Lots of snow expected here in the RI sticks tomorrow and my really good neighbor who clears my driveway is on vacation...BUMMER!!!)

RI AL

uglyobv.jpg

uglyrev.jpg

Hey, 33333. Well, I have to agree with you on the first one with 2 lady heads, but the rest look pretty neat to me. Anyway, if you like, I'll put you in first place for the "man, is THAT ugly" prize of 15 foreign coins.

Just out of curiosity, are coins of Finland your area of collecting? I collect world, music related coins, and other than the Sibelius "Finlandia coin", I don't have any on my list for music related coins. Do you know of any?

Have a good weekend and thanks for your entry.

RI AL

finlandobv.jpg

finlandrev.jpg

rico suave??

Doesn't that mean delicious (or rich) and smooth (or soft)? My Spanish has lost a bit since the Peru years.

RI AL

Hello, 33333.

Your prize for the "ugly coin contest" is on it's way to Finland, I hope. It was mailed out this morning.

RI AL