• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Red, Red Brown and Brown

35 posts in this topic

Mike, I picked up an 1835 MS 65 RB in that series about two years ago. It has roughly 50% RD and the only spot is in the 'armpit' of the T of "Half Cent" on the reverse so it very hard to see. I think Shylock is still in love with it (sorry, no image).

Mike,

Here is a Lincoln with toning that I love. It has what I would call red centers with a ring of iridescent green around the rims. This coin would probably be graded as a red/brown, but I would take it over a full red anytime. cloud9.gif

John

294033-1919%20Lincoln%20obv.jpg

294035-1919%20Lincoln%20rev.jpg

There are some beautiful coins posted here! grin.gif

John, I really adore that Wheat cent you have, I have an '09-VDB that is graded PCGS MS64RD that is very similar in "feel" to your '19. Of course, the PCGS coin is in a first generation holder and, as such, it might have been a little more red when it was slabbed, however, I doubt it highly as the color looks stable and correct. smile.gif

Here is one coin graded BN that is really, truly completely blue and another graded BN that is wonderfully purple. I have shown both here before. smile.gif

CIH91NGCPF65BN.jpg

600_CL12PCGSPF65BN.jpg