• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Found in a Roll of Wheat Cents??? !!!!

5 posts in this topic

this may be hard to believe...but it's true none the less.....

I'm helping a guy out from my church (around 75 but very sharp minded and healthy) clear out some old "junk" from his basement/garage/attic--so it can be sold in a spring rummage sale (mostly to raise money for our mission work)

to make the story short, we come across 2 boxes left to him by his sister (among many others)...heavy!! when opened--they are filled to the gills with coins...many are just junk, but there were lotsa rolls and 3 bags of silver dollars..( more on that later)

Anyhow, I spent Monday going through a lot of it and in one roll of old cents --this was inside...thought you all might get a kick out of someone finding an 1859 France gold 10 FCS in a penny roll...anyhow, I think I'll tell the full story of the rest of the box's contents in a journal entry at collector's Society...here's pics

SPAM___ps: if anyone is into these France gold and wants it, just shoot me a PM..otherwise it will sit in one of my drawers gathering dust...

53017-MVC-755S.JPG.fef8a6f9e1d92c4383cfce07ff7a3744.JPG

53018-MVC-756S.JPG.d969ba6f30c3ae1fb8b4ece47c000174.JPG

Do I hear any comments about how there is no such thing as an unsearched roll of wheaties? I think we can safely say that until Jackson64 went through that roll it was probably unsearched. Unless the last guy to search it decided to just go ahead and leave that gold piece in there to cheat someone out of a wheat cent.

Do I hear any comments about how there is no such thing as an unsearched roll of wheaties? I think we can safely say that until Jackson64 went through that roll it was probably unsearched. Unless the last guy to search it decided to just go ahead and leave that gold piece in there to cheat someone out of a wheat cent.

If you go to pennies.com, you can (allegedly) buy unsearched wheat cents from large hoards. When my coin bards from Whitman arrive, I will probably buy one of these hoard packages to fill the holes. :wishluck:

Scott :hi: