• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What do you think of these Morgans?? UPDATED PICS

11 posts in this topic

I thought I'd re-post this in a new topic. I've included the ebay pics and my in-hand pics are below them. Can ya'll help me with some grades and opinions? These were the one's I picked up for 40.99 for all three. Thanks!!

Sellers pics

1921PDSRev.jpg

1921PDSObv.jpg

My Pics

1921PMorgan.jpg

1921DMorgan-2.jpg

1921SMorgan.jpg

Actually Chad, the seller was able to bring out the luster in his pics better than I could. They are far from dull. What is showing dark in the pics is actually where the luster is. I don't know why I just couldn't photo them. I don't have my usual set-up for taking pics right now.

Why don't you tell me these things! lol

If that's true, then they could be nice AU coins. I still don't think they're MS.

Edit: The more I look at them, the more I'mstarting to think that the first coin could be MS.

They look nice Bobby...thay are all have some nice detail + the price is right.

BTW were your pics scanned?

Edit: seller takes better pictures than you :baiting::devil: :devil:

They look nice Bobby...thay are all have some nice detail + the price is right.

BTW were your pics scanned?

No believe it or not I used my nice Canon for these. We're kind of cramped where we're at right now and I'm not able to set-up my normal picture taking space.

Somebody help me out here. I stink at grading from pictures, so I would appreciate it if you could tell me exactly what it is about the D and S coins that indicate that they are not MS. Please be specific. I need to learn. (shrug)

Thanks,

Bob

What the heck happened here? I know I posted to this thread and saw my comments, and now they've disappeared. That is weird.

Nice pickup Bobby, particularly at the price you paid. (thumbs u

Somebody help me out here. I stink at grading from pictures, so I would appreciate it if you could tell me exactly what it is about the D and S coins that indicate that they are not MS. Please be specific. I need to learn. (shrug)

Thanks,

Bob

The way I see them Bob is that the P looks MS to me, maybe around 63? The D & S look to maybe have some weak breast feathers and a little wear on the cotton balls. I know there are some years for weak strikes but I lost that info a while back but still don't think these fall under that category.