• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1897 S care to guess the grade

13 posts in this topic

Hey got this on from Mike (jgrinz) and am thinking about sending it in. What do you all think it will grade? Worth while? And I know the pic's are not the best Just deal with it lol

1897S1_1.jpg1897S1.jpg

I'd say MS-64. The coin has the look of an MS-65 mark wise, but it looks to have been dipped in the photo. Usually dipped coins like this don't get any higher grade than MS-64.

Looks MS64 but with those picks.....it could be P-01 and I wouldn't be able to tell lol lol lol

:baiting:

Funny Funny :roflmao: I know I have to get better. I feel it should get a 65 as soon as I can find 4 more coins to send :frustrated:This one will go .

Hard to tell from the pictures but I would guess a worse grade of MS63 and a best grade of MS64.

It looks lime there is a mark on the obverse between the E and P of E Puribis.

I think the hairline would keep it from MS65 and I am not sure if the eagles Breast on the reverse is just a weak strike or its the picture.

Otherwise a nice Morgan.

Just so you know my thoughts - I think those are die polish lines which personally I do not care for on coins for my collection. My interpretation of the this coin was a 63. Good luck