• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PROBLEM Coins that are still Pretty

20 posts in this topic

Not every coin is perfect. Some have problems.

Here is one that although it is AT'ed, I think is pretty.

jefftonedxx.jpg

Any problem coins within your collection you still like?

jefftonedxx.jpg

Very pretty!!

jefftonedxx.jpg

I suppose this does look pretty to some people, but to me is like the enameled State Quarters that were pictured as a part of this week’s guest editorial in Coin World. It’s all fake and artificial, and I don’t care for it. I would never want this stuff to become popular because then the coin doctors would start doing it to some REAL collectors’ items thus ruining them forever.

I suppose this does look pretty to some people, but to me is like the enameled State Quarters that were pictured as a part of this week’s guest editorial in Coin World. It’s all fake and artificial, and I don’t care for it. I would never want this stuff to become popular because then the coin doctors would start doing it to some REAL collectors’ items thus ruining them forever.

Then you must LOVE my Hawaiian coins, gooey, old and sticky as they are :)

Doesn't get much more "REAL" than that!

(Improper cleaning or what-have-you aside). You'd think they could have done a better job of it!

:acclaim:

It’s all fake and artificial, and I don’t care for it. I would never want this stuff to become popular because then the coin doctors would start doing it to some REAL collectors’ items thus ruining them forever.

Wait...I thought that this has already happend? :o

I think both coins are pretty but what I get a kick out of is that one label "Questionable Toning". Questionable? They've got to be kidding. lol

jom

This is a fantastic coin that I truly adore. It has original, subtle color that I did not capture well and also has quite fine graffiti in -script in front of the portrait that says "WD". Obviously, it also has the hole, however, at $18 I think it was an outstanding purchase.

1807M8R.jpg

1807M8RR.jpg

Tom,

I don't know what it is or why it is, but coins like the one you just showed make my heart beat fast! With, or without the hole.

Is that a good thing or just a sign that we need to get out more...?

Tom,

I don't know what it is or why it is, but coins like the one you just showed make my heart beat fast! With, or without the hole.

Is that a good thing or just a sign that we need to get out more...?

Many people run marathons to keep their heart beating quickly... I look at unusual and pretty coins. ;)

jefftonedxx.jpg

(thumbs u

low class for profit-only, sleezebazy peddlers with only profit and skullduggery on their minds

Here's a coin that's been through alot.

I bought it many years ago through one of my favorite gold coin stores, www.amergold.com

When I got it it had a big red copper spot on the obverse. I never saw one of these before, and it was perfectly normal. So to see if it was real, I took out my knife and put several pretty good scratches into it! Ouch. I sent it off to ANACS after that for authentication and it came back as geniune, slabbed UNC DETAILS NET AU55. I later cracked it out of that slab and have it raw to this day.

MyFavSov20Paint2EJPG.jpg

jefftonedxx.jpg

(thumbs u

low class for profit-only, sleezebazy peddlers with only profit and skullduggery on their minds

No offense Michael, but I would say with nearly 100% confidence that every dealer--LEGEND, PINNACLE, HERITAGE, ect, have handled coins that were questionable. This would also extend to the clients of those dealers who sold said coins privately or to other dealers. This would probably encompass 90% or more of those that have ever owned a coin, with you and I included.

I got this one for free..harshly cleaned...for kicks I stuck it in a taco bell napkin for a week...essentially worthless but now its not offensive..

53223-MVC-650S.JPG.303e7d5ce1da9a4f2ebd673a6ad59a3c.JPG

53224-MVC-651S.JPG.d56588a840d91c4443fa9e9cbc7ce767.JPG

This is one my "learning coins." I purchased it a while back to familiarize myself with the look and feel of not only the series, but also cleaned coins in general.( I freed it from its "plastic prison" as soon as it arrived.) As it is already circulated and "damaged," I have no problem holding it in my hand to get the feel of it, something that I would be afraid to do with a problem-free coin.

It is also one of the coins that I am using to try to learn about photography.(Still have a long way to go there!)

Who knows - I may wrap it in a Taco Bell napkin, and learn something about toning! :)

$33 plus juice well spent, IMO.

c24691400.jpg