• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NT or AT??

17 posts in this topic

Boy Bruce, I've never been good at these unless it looks very obvious. I'm gonna guess AT as it looks like it has a couple burn spots to me. It's also hard for me to grade this by the pics. The Obv looks to have nice detail but the Rev. is either a weak strike effecting not only the eagle breast but also looks to be weak in the leg details also. Would guess maybe MS63 even with the rim dings below the D in dollar. (shrug)

What are the chances that both the OBV and REV have the exact same toning pattern?

All I would go with NT but the question above would indicate caution.

Pretty difficult to tell with that image.....this one really would have to bee seen in hand to judge color and luster etc. My first thought was AT but I would be the first to admit that its completely impossible to make an accurate assessment from what I am seeing (shrug)

NT and MS-63. (thumbs u

I agree with that completely. The way the colors are splatered around it appears NT. Usually an AT has more steady color dispursement.

Regardless, just what is AT and NT anyway? If you left a coin on a window sill for a year or so and did it purposely is that AT? If you did it and just forgot it was there and it toned, does that now make it NT? In most instances AT or NT is way to debatable.