• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New NGC Hologram: Thoughts?

20 posts in this topic

The hologram is OK, nothing special. I am interested in seeing what the new holder looks like.

The posting says that the site www.ngcterms.com does not link to any commercial sites but does have at least three links to the US Mint. While the US Mint is not a "commercial" site, it might as well be since they run commercial operations. Ok... it's a small nit, but it's my nit! :devil:

For the basic information of "this is what you need to know," I think that NGC hit the mark. The site is simple and to the point. Two pages that I find very beneficial is The NGC Grading Scale and Strike Character and other Designations. Both pages clearly defines what everything means in a matter-of-fact manner that I appreciate.

(thumbs u (thumbs u to NGC for this!

Scott :hi:

Do they know the word "Official" is misspelled on the hologram?

I checked with them, they know -- I credited the chat boards with the discovery, not my own.

They responded that they were aware of it and were correcting it.

Whether that means they already noticed it, someone already reported it, or what-have-you, I do not know, but at the very least, they are now aware of it, this I can say with certainty.

And WOW, darn good eyes there!

You'll be the one to spot counterfeiters a mile away!

^^

Does that mean there will soon be a slab-the-slab company and a sticker-the-slab-in-the-slab company?
So you know what that will led to... a sticker-the-slab-the-slab company!! :roflmao:

Can't sell the slab without a sticker!! lol

Scott :hi:

wow..I have another friend who collects and catalogs slabs...this might be his holy grail slab...a series "Key" if you will.....

It will definitely be a key. If they did use them for two days they won't be the smallest production run but they may have a lower survivial rate.