• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First ever cherrypicked Top 100 Morgan VAM 13

12 posts in this topic

I have picked a lot of VAM's but never a top 100 until this 1921 P Morgan VAM 13.

I noticed the wide spaced reeds and got the coin for about $30. Did I do poorly or what?

1921PMorganInhand2.jpg

9thStardoubled_tripledwithdiegouge.jpg

17thberry.jpg

Nice pick-up, Jim! According to the 2008 VAMView Price Guide, it retails for about $100 in MS60, $125 in MS61, $175 in MS62 and $250 in MS63. It's too bad that the obverse isn't as nice as the reverse. In MS64, it's $500 and in MS65, it's $1500!

Chris

Chris,

Where does one get a copy of VAMView price guide? Can I join SSDC online rather than snail mail? That's the only way I see to get a Quarterly only VAMView.

Thanks

Jim

Chris,

Where does one get a copy of VAMView price guide? Can I join SSDC online rather than snail mail? That's the only way I see to get a Quarterly only VAMView.

Thanks

Jim

Jim, I already responded to your PM, but I should beg the pardon of the other members who may be interested in an answer to this question. VAMView is free to SSDC members. I don't know if they publish a hard copy on a quarterly basis, but I get one once a year at the SSDC meeting at FUN. Annual membership to SSDC is $19.95, and you can purchase a lifetime membership for $199. Anyone interested in joining should contact Ash Harrison, President, E-mail: ash@ashmore.com

Chris

That's why I did both the PM and the post, Chris. Here is the address for the SSDC Membership Application form-just click on SSDC Application in PDF format. The fee is $21.95 on this application-is there somewhere to get it for $19.95?

Application