• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone going to Long Beach?

5 posts in this topic

My 8-year old asked me if we could go to the Long Beach show this Saturday so she can join in the treasure hunt. Since it's about the only time she shows any enthusiasm for numismatics (even if it's just to get free coins for her Whitman folders), I figure I'll see if I can make it. She may change her mind since it just snowed in the mountains this morning, but we'll see.

Anyone else planning on going? Anyone spending Valentine's Day there?

I'll be there on Saturday.

I'm not sure if James is going, but if he does maybe he can teach her some more new words? lol

She learns salty talk quickly, but for some reason my wife doesn't appreciate that ability of hers. Maybe my wife just doesn't like French. (shrug)

I didn't see Greg or anyone else I knew at Long Beach, so my daughter and I have lunch at Islands by ourselves. She didn't get to learn any new adult words. :(

The only things I found were the latest Charlton Guide and the following two coins (poorly scanned by yours truly):L

1921 East Africa 50 cent piece for my George V collection

1921EA50C003.jpg

1921EA50C004.jpg

The last coin I needed for my FIC type set:

1931piastreobv.jpg

1931piastrerev.jpg