• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Since you were so nice with the Lincoln Comments,

9 posts in this topic

I might as well share my completed circulated Franklin and my Buffalo's while you are all in a good mood.

Like many of you the chase is most of the fun in completing these sets. I some point I will replace the AU Franklins with a lower grade so they do not stand out so much.

7112-P1O.jpg

7112-P1R.jpg

7112-P2O.jpg

7112-P2R.jpg

7165-P1O.jpg

7165-P1R.jpg

7165-P2O.jpg

7165-P2R.jpg

I think that the buffalo set is one of the classic "coin collector" sets; i.e., it's one of the collections that a non-collector immediately associates with the hobby. You've got a very nice one there.

There's also a lot to be said for working on a nice, evenly-matched set of franklins. Silver halves make for an impressive presentation in such numbers (regardless of grade) and I think a lot of folks unfortunately bypass the circulated franklins for flashy BU or toned examples, when a well-matched circulated set could make for an attractive goal.

I'm a little sleepy, so if those thoughts are muddled, sorry!

I'm with TomB. A completed set of buffs is quite an accomplishment in any grade and yours looks like a nice set. Congratulations, I would be proud to own that Buff set.

That is a gorgeous Buffalo collection. Very very very nice. I have the circulated Frankies anytime you want to trade down ;-)