• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'm Sick. Post a Coin to Make me Feel Better

23 posts in this topic

I've got a head cold, and it's slowly moving into my chest. I'm doped up on NyQuil, and I've been resting most of the day. There's a pot of Chicken soup on the stove, and it should be pretty good. Post a coin to make me feel better!

sick.gif

I've got a head cold, and it's slowly moving into my chest. I'm doped up on NyQuil, and I've been resting most of the day. There's a pot of Chicken soup on the stove, and it should be pretty good. Post a coin to make me feel better!

sick.gif

No kidding chad? I'm sick too. Really sick, I think I have the flu. For the past days I've the flu with a 104 degree temp, been coughing up green stuff, had chills/colds, and could barely get down liquids because it hurt so much when I swallow.

It's going around!

I went to the doctor and got anti-biotics.

Oh, I almost forgot. Here's a bok for you:

DSCF0006.jpg

LibertyObverse.jpg

Be careful. I dislike going to te Doctor but went after two days and only way I could get rid of cough was to take OTC medicine and it was getting worse when wore off. I had a lot of Mucus in my lungs and Nasal drip. Could have led to Pnumonia.

About 6 years ago I had about the same problem Figured it was Flu and took OTC medicine including Nyquil for about a week. After about 6 days my feet got weak and went out from under me. I was just getting rid of the symptoms and when I went to the Doctor they took X Rays nad he sid I had just gone into the initial Pnemonia stage and if the antibiotics didn't work in 24 hours he was admitting me to the Hospital.

If you just cure the symptoms and things get worsr the Body will just shut down.I knew a guy that died because he wented too long and went into acute Pneumonia.

Be careful. I dislike going to te Doctor but went after two days and only way I could get rid of cough was to take OTC medicine and it was getting worse when wore off. I had a lot of Mucus in my lungs and Nasal drip. Could have led to Pnumonia.

About 6 years ago I had about the same problem Figured it was Flu and took OTC medicine including Nyquil for about a week. After about 6 days my feet got weak and went out from under me. I was just getting rid of the symptoms and when I went to the Doctor they took X Rays nad he sid I had just gone into the initial Pnemonia stage and if the antibiotics didn't work in 24 hours he was admitting me to the Hospital.

If you just cure the symptoms and things get worsr the Body will just shut down.I knew a guy that died because he wented too long and went into acute Pneumonia.

Oh wow, that sucks. What Do you think I should do then? I'm still coughing stuff up even though its much better, I feel often a 'wheezing' feeling, my lungs feel weak, like I can't blow out much without wheezing.

I just took the last anti biotic pill, been on them for a few days now. I'm also taking nasal spray and drops . Also cough drops.

Its been my experience with anti-biotics (I react very well to them, and just LOVE the 'Z' Pack), that if you are not feeling 80% by the last pill, you either need a new meds, or a new doctor (no offense to your current doc).

Just ate some chicken soup, and I feel a little better now. My nose is starting to run again... This sucks!

Thanks for the coins guys! Felling better already :cloud9:

BC.JPG

That coin looks different from the last time you posted it. :o As for Chad . . . sorry, but I need to see a -script from your doctor before I post medicinal coinage.

Bummer! I am just getting over a cold that made me miserable last week. All I wanted to do was sleep or maybe get drunk.

I love early gold. Here's a piece I bought a couple of years ago. At the time no dealer would touch it. Now it looks like a bargain. They don't get any more original than this ...

18115O.jpg18115R.jpg

If you or stinky or anyone else has the flu then antibiotics will not cure you. The flu is viral while antibiotics are agents to kill bacteria. Additionally, if you received a flu vaccine last fall or through this winter then you likely do not have the flu.

J1881SP64.jpg

I don't know, (shrug) maybe Mrs. B. is right that I spend to much time and money on coins so the house is a little drafty and making her sick.

shack.jpg

Wish all of you ailing folk out there a recover quickly. :wishluck: Sick of any sort sucks.

I'll try a little half dime, hope it helps.

1837-half-dime.jpg

I once owned this coin and regret that I don't now. doh!

I don't know, (shrug) maybe Mrs. B. is right that I spend to much time and money on coins so the house is a little drafty and making her sick.

shack.jpg

[font:Comic Sans MS]Paul, I have a porch swing for sale![/font]

[font:Arial Black]

KentuckyTreeSwing.jpg

[font:Fixedsys]Events of 1836[/font]

1836, like 2008, was a leap year.

260px-Alamo.jpg

January -> March

* January 5 - Davy Crockett arrives in Texas.

* January 12 - Battle of Wetumka, Florida.

March 6: Battle of the Alamo.

March 6: Battle of the Alamo.

* January 12 - HMS Beagle with Charles Darwin reaches Sydney, Australia.

* January 18 - Dade County, Florida is formed.

* February 23 - The Alamo is surrounded by Santa Anna's army, in 13-day ordeal.

* February 25 - Samuel Colt receives an American patent for the Colt revolver, the first revolving barrel multishot firearm.

* March 1 - Antonio García Gutiérrez's play El Trovador performed for the first time at Madrid.

* March 1 - A Convention of delegates from 57 Texas communities convenes in Washington-on-the-Brazos, Texas, to deliberate independence from Mexico.

April 21: Battle of San Jacinto.

April 21: Battle of San Jacinto.

* March 2 - Declaration of independence of the Republic of Texas from Mexico.

* March 6 - Battle of the Alamo ends: 189 Texans against about 1600 Mexicans.

* March 17 - Texas abolishes slave trade.

* March 23 - The coin press is invented by Franklin Beale.

[edit] April - June

* April 20 - The Territory of Wisconsin is created.

* April 21 - Battle of San Jacinto: Mexican forces under General Santa Anna are defeated at San Jacinto, Texas.

* April 22 - Texas Revolution: A day after the Battle of San Jacinto forces under Texas General Sam Houston capture Mexican General Antonio López de Santa Anna.

* May 7 - The settlement of Mayagüez, Puerto Rico is elevated to the royal status of villa by the government of Spain.

May 15: Baily's beads.

May 15: Baily's beads.

* May 15 - Francis Baily, during an eclipse of the sun, observes the phenomenon named after him as Baily's beads.

* May 19 - Fort Parker massacre: Among those captured by Native Americans was 9-year-old Cynthia Ann Parker. She would later give birth to a son named Quanah who would become the last chief of the Comanche.

* June 15 - Arkansas is the 25th state admitted in the United States of America

[edit] July - September

* July 13 - First numbered U.S. patent #1 (after filing 9,957 unnumbered patents) is granted, for locomotive wheels.

Darwin.

Darwin.

* July 20 - Charles Darwin climbs Green Hill on Ascension Island.

* July 21 - The first Canadian railroad opens, between Laprairie and St. John, Quebec.

* July 27 - Adelaide, South Australia is founded.

* July 30 - The first English newspaper is published in Hawaii.

* August 17 - HMS Beagle with Charles Darwin leaves South America, headed back to England.

* August 30 - The city of Houston, Texas is founded.

* September 1 - Rebuilding begins at Synagogue of Rabbi Judah Hasid in Jerusalem.

* September 5 - Sam Houston is elected as the first president of the Republic of Texas.

October 2: Darwin returns aboard HMS Beagle.

October 2: Darwin returns aboard HMS Beagle.

Sam Houston.

Sam Houston.

[edit] October - December

* October 2 - Charles Darwin returns to England aboard HMS Beagle with biological data he will later use to develop his theory of evolution.

* October 22 - Sam Houston is inaugurated as first elected President of the Republic of Texas.

* October 24 - A. Phillips patents the match.

* October 31 - Bristol riot - see 1836 in the United Kingdom.

* December 4 - Whig Party holds its first national convention, in Harrisburg, PA.

* December 7 - U.S. presidential election: Martin Van Buren defeats William Henry Harrison.

* December 15 - The US Patent Office (USPTO) burns in Washington, DC.

* December 27 - Avalanche at Lewes Sussex, England kills 8 of 15 buried.

* December 28 - Proclamation of the colony of South Australia, now celebrated in the state of South Australia as Proclamation Day.

* December 28 - Spain recognizes independence of Mexico.

* December 30 - The Lehman theater in St Petersburg catches fire: hundreds die.

[/font]

52497-00.jpg.fb46dfd457dfcc3894fa6ceb5fb346a4.jpg

52498-ve1836bq.jpg.bfa2849011a25efa4c5535296fa09889.jpg

52499-ve1836bd.jpg.74abb2f9990e287ce0f3fcc9139d3c8a.jpg

Yer all just a bunch of sickies ... Get better will yeah :)

I would rather be Sick than have to go under the knife in two weeks YUKKKKK

Picked these up recently

52501-1826_1.jpg.1499a2e4fd2187a226e1ba0ca762206c.jpg

52502-1836_half_1.jpg.1c52f836c3f2e8d32a7348823d0f5286.jpg