• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Regrade / NGC Grade guarantee

3 posts in this topic

I am in the process of buying a coin from one of the board members to upgrade an existing coin in my collection - my coin is a Prf-69 CAM dime and his is a Prf-68 DCAM dime. As part of the deal I was considering sending my replaced coin for him to sell. Before sending it to him along with my payment I discovered - much to my horror - a spot on the back of the dime in the field. With that spot there is no way that this coin grades Prf-69. So, I am wondering what my options are for sending this back into NGC for regrading.

RWW,

You may use the Appearance Review service for this coin. This is the service line for coins that are felt to be within the parameters of the NGC guarantee policies. NGC will re-evaluate your coin and make contact with you in order to resolve the matter. You are welcome to send the coin to my attention or just under the service line titled "Appearance Review". Please identify the particular issue with this coin or refer to this post.

I look forward to assisting you with this.

Rick