• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A long overdue Thank You to povertyrow (Michael)

12 posts in this topic

Many of you may remember when I posted a thread recounting how my daughter Emily had stolen one of my coins ;)

Busted.jpg

Well Michael saw the original post and then was fortutnate enough to win some Belgium coins from another board member. Michael then contacted me to see if he could donate them to my budding YN, which I gladly accepted.

It truly was a thoughtful gesture and I know my daughter really liked the coins so I thought I would share a few pictures I took with my phone of her opening the wrapping paper and gazing upon her new found treasure!!! :banana:

Phoneimages047.jpg

Phoneimages052.jpg

Phoneimages053-1.jpg

Thanks again Michael :foryou:

Man...you made my day!!!

I posted the contests offering the Belgian coins a few months back...(contest asking for the 5 most common countries in my childhood hoard of foreign coins (approximately 1000 of them).Mike said he would donate the coins he won to a young collector. Mike, thanks for passing the coins on to this young lady and I am thrilled to death to have helped a new collector out a bit!!!

RI AL

Thanks for posting the photos. Was great to see!

I actually won two lots of 10 Belgium coins each from RI AL. Been waiting to see if another Young Nusmistist has come along.

So another 10 are waiting for a new home. Feel free to PM me if you've a child, niece, nephew etc. who is just starting out in collecting who would enjoy them.

Bringing this back up to the top so I can thank Alan RI AL for adding to my budding YN's growing collection......here are a few images of Emily digging into the goodies. Alan was also kind enough to include coins from England which is where my parents live and also included a coin dated 1948 which was my Moms birthyear so it's extra special for Emily since she never really got to know her grandma :(

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

010.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

018.jpg

And before anyone asks....we got a new puppy and we all know how puppy like to attack little one's with claws and kisses doh!