• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Geez - I am blind Buying again ...

17 posts in this topic

:pullhair:

What are the chances this is a Uncirculated coin :)

The only GOOD thing is I bought them both for under melt @14 each

The first two pictures are the 1897-s

The third picture is a 1888

I will rtake pictures when they come in ...

52325-two_morgs.jpg.86541e2dd42c685fed7bfe491716cb47.jpg

The auctioneer never said they were or weren't - He is not a 'coin grader' hheh :)

(Bridge) Already got one of those thanks

laugh.gif

Umm, you paid $14 each for Morgans and now you're asking if they look uncirculated? They might be, if they were 'made' in China.

The way eBay fees are going, the Chinese might be only ones who can afford to sell their material there. When you are in the rare coin business, you can cut down on your inventory coin costs a lot if you can make your own coins. Then all those nasty fees are easier to live with. ;)

:pullhair:

What are the chances this is a Uncirculated coin :)

The only GOOD thing is I bought them both for under melt @14 each

The first two pictures are the 1897-s

The third picture is a 1888

I will rtake pictures when they come in ...

bugsbunny_.gif10_5_135-1.gif36_2_59.gif

:signfunny:

Mike, you must like to gamble, I hope these turn out ok.

$28 dollars really is not a gamble in my book - I will melt the two and make money heheheh Silver was at $17 today

If the 1897-s is an AU - its 25-30 dollars by itself

the 1888 would be a throw in. I know its not big money but every little bit helps

during tax time

I have been doing the scvanger thing Like DWAINE does so well :)

Umm, you paid $14 each for Morgans and now you're asking if they look uncirculated? They might be, if they were 'made' in China.

I never asked that in 'general' terms .. I asked them in "smiley face' terms

There is a difference

I've been building up a bit of silver also...bought a blind lot of 76 Mercury dimes for $75 + $5 shipping... at .07234 oz of pure silver per they are worth over $1.20 each.

The way I look at it, I got to search through 76 mercurys for varieties and paid less than their silver value..there's lots of these on ebay right now...(especially world silver selling under melt--but you gotta keep your Krause in one hand and a calculator in the other)

If the 1888 turns out to be a VAM11A, Top 100, I'd say that you fared well. Otherwise, I'd say.................. "ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?"

Chris