• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1881 O Morgan grade opinions

10 posts in this topic

I also can't tell real good with the pics Jim. It looks to maybe have some rub on the Obv. Other than that, looks to be about MS62 and also looks PL to me.

Yeah, Bobby, I agree-these are the sellers pics. I figure I'll have to wait and see what it really looks like. I bought it because I thought it might make PL. I hope so, anyway. It may go a little higher than 62-I thought 63/64. Just have to wait and see in hand. I still like to get your opinions, though.

Thanks to all.

looks to be about MS62 and also looks PL to me.

That was my initial reaction as well, Bobby, but I'm wondering if some of that chatter in the fields is just poor pics. (shrug)

Be sure & post some good pics when you get it, Jim. :)

From these images, the frost on the devices looks suspicious to me.

I don't know enough about someone doctoring these to make points like this, but I tend to have to agree with you James. There's some slight spotting of the frost/cam and also that filled in 8 in the date, R in dollar, makes me wonder also. It may be the pics, hopefully we'll see better pics when Jim gets it in!

I am gonna be tough because of all the rim damage and field chatter

AND didn't you know the FLAT HEAD is dead :)

AU58

The filled in eight bohers me. Also there appears to be a large scratch on the obverse to the right of where the bottom of the cap and the hair meets.

Cant tell much from the picture but if it is not body bagged I would have to say AU58.