• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would you buy from this seller?

8 posts in this topic

This fine print is in every one of his auctions

:o

By bidding on the item you agree to the following terms and conditions. (1) Seller reserves the right to reject the bid and refund any monies paid if the item was incorrectly identified or is no longer available (2) Since all numbering is subjective, you are advised to closely examine the photo. In the event you submit a bid, the transaction and any disputes hereunder shall be interpreted and construed according to the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and, if litigation ensues, proper venue will lie in the Court of Common Please of Lehigh County, Pennsylvania, you agree to accept service of all court actions by regular US mail; and (3) You agree to follow all of eBay’s feedback guidelines (4) Seller shall not be liable to the buyer for more than the purchase price. (5) You agree that all communication shall go through the eBay message and not private emails during the transaction. (6) You agree to be legally bound by the terms listed herein and all other laws and rules set by eBay or any other governing authority.

He is now suing a buyer for leaving negative feedback (tsk)

He also extols buy the coin and not the holder and then goes on to say that NAC holders offer better value than the other well known plastics doh!

I'd buy something from Shop at Home before I bought from this guy. Takes big ones, or total lack of brains, to even MENTION litigation in the description of an ebay auction. I dont care how expensive or inexpensive the item, this guy just sounds like he is, um, how did pendragon put it? Oh yeah, this guy sound nuts!

By bidding on the item you agree to the following terms and conditions. (1) Seller reserves the right to reject the bid and refund any monies paid if the item was incorrectly identified or is no longer available (2) Since all numbering is subjective, you are advised to closely examine the photo. In the event you submit a bid, the transaction and any disputes hereunder shall be interpreted and construed according to the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and, if litigation ensues, proper venue will lie in the Court of Common Please of Lehigh County, Pennsylvania, you agree to accept service of all court actions by regular US mail; and (3) You agree to follow all of eBay’s feedback guidelines (4) Seller shall not be liable to the buyer for more than the purchase price. (5) You agree that all communication shall go through the eBay message and not private emails during the transaction. (6) You agree to be legally bound by the terms listed herein and all other laws and rules set by eBay or any other governing authority.

He also extols buy the coin and not the holder and then goes on to say that NAC holders offer better value than the other well known plastics doh!

I think the phrase "NO WAY IN HELL" about sums up about how I'd feel about buying from a seller like this.

Here's my question: How do you know he is suing a buyer for leaving negative feedback?

I mean, if he can't follow his OWN rules (which DO allow for negative feedback), then he shouldn't be a seller. Now, if it was feedback extortion of some kind, that's another story, but eBay SUPPOSEDLY has a way to deal with that, or so they say, especially for their NEW AND IMPROVED feedback policy that is coming soon. In my best Chris Matthews voice -- HA!

Also, does this guy sound like a lawyer, or what? No offense to lawyers, I worked for them for a number of years, and worked with them in another capacity for even longer than that, and they were darn good to have around, but sometimes, you can get someone (if in fact this guy is a lawyer) who gives them a BAD NAME! But seriously, who else but a lawyer would have these terms and conditions in every eBay auction? Unless the value of items is like, I don't know, for a CAR? Spare me otherwise. For some graded coin worth $10 - $100? I think not. :makepoint:

Personally, if I read the item description and terms and something just doesn't feel right then I won't bid, even if the price seems good. That said, anytime I see terms that come even close to feeling this hostile I look somewhere else for what I want.

I think the phrase "NO WAY IN HELL" about sums up about how I'd feel about buying from a seller like this.

Here's my question: How do you know he is suing a buyer for leaving negative feedback?

I mean, if he can't follow his OWN rules (which DO allow for negative feedback), then he shouldn't be a seller. Now, if it was feedback extortion of some kind, that's another story, but eBay SUPPOSEDLY has a way to deal with that, or so they say, especially for their NEW AND IMPROVED feedback policy that is coming soon. In my best Chris Matthews voice -- HA!

Also, does this guy sound like a lawyer, or what? No offense to lawyers, I worked for them for a number of years, and worked with them in another capacity for even longer than that, and they were darn good to have around, but sometimes, you can get someone (if in fact this guy is a lawyer) who gives them a BAD NAME! But seriously, who else but a lawyer would have these terms and conditions in every eBay auction? Unless the value of items is like, I don't know, for a CAR? Spare me otherwise. For some graded coin worth $10 - $100? I think not. :makepoint:

I suspect -- just by the way that this was written -- he is not a lawyer.

If he is a lawyer, he's not a very good one, as I believe terms (2) and (5) are mutually exclusive. ;)

I also suspect term (1) may be against eBay policy, depending on how it is invoked...Mike

p.s. I agree, I wouldn't touch this seller's auctions with a 10 foot pole, and I believe I know exactly which seller this is from.