• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

what currently is your favorite coin?

19 posts in this topic

It's kind of hard for me to say, but if I had a single coin that I was to keep and all the others were togo away, I'd keep my 1913-S buff. (See attachment).

Hoot

589a8b3f8a239_283228-1913-ST1buff5cMS67NGC.jpg.2be7f90fe64200f32803cd51684be47c.jpg

The coin that is pictured with this message is one of them. It was the first high grade early coin I purchased, and it was the seed that got me started on early U.S. coins. It's an 1805 dime with the 4 berry reverse. Currently it's in a PCGS AU-58 holder. I've owned this coin for over 30 years. smile.gif

wow!!!!!!! guys all amazing coins

what makes so far all the coins in the scans is

extraordinary eye appeal that is the key and all the coins pictured here on this thread got it

they got the "look"

these are coins that the market will always want and apprecaite and getting harder and harder to find

michael

wow both coins are totally original great eye appealing coins beryl

the bottem capped bust half dime is really uncommon with this look !!

the seated halfdime is really way above average for coins of this type!!

michael

i love the half dimes myself!! in my opinion the capped bust halfdimes are one of the most undervalued coins from circ. to gem!

There are a lot that I like, but for now, I think I'll go with this SLQ- I've had it for over 6 years (one of my first non-wheaties), and think it is the epitome of collecting circulated type coins...

DSCN2149.JPG

DSCN2151.JPG

Jeremy

First dibs! When Hoot myteriously disappears next week...er...I mean...er...whatever...I get his 13-S Buffalo! devil.gif

Hmmm... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif This is a tough one. I suppose this one:

5c-36d_small.jpg

jom

And Greg, a coin like that shouldn't really exist with a strike like that! thumbsup2.gif

I know and one day when I decide I would rather own a coin instead of a house, that one will be mine.

The most amazing thing about the coin I pictured is that the planchet appears nice and problem free.

And Greg, a coin like that shouldn't really exist with a strike like that! thumbsup2.gif

I know and one day when I decide I would rather own a coin instead of a house, that one will be mine.

The most amazing thing about the coin I pictured is that the planchet appears nice and problem free.

27_laughing.gif I was careful using the phrase, "your coin". I also had the passing thought that my 1799 cost me $550 and your coin costing $550,000?

Whose coin is it, Mr Mint himself?

Leo

lol I was careful using the phrase, "your coin". I also had the passing thought that my 1799 cost me $550 and your coin costing $550,000?

Whose coin is it, Mr Mint himself?

The coin was from coinfacts.com They didn't say the grade or who owned it. They did say the picture was courtesy of Heritage and I believe it is the MS67BN example.

First dibs! When Hoot myteriously disappears next week...er...I mean...er...whatever...I get his 13-S Buffalo! devil.gif

27_laughing.gif

You'd better watch your stash! wink.gif

Hey Greg - If you ever buy one of those, I'll know you have no other coins! shocked.gif

Hoot