• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

original or cleaned 1909-S IHC ?

6 posts in this topic

Those images make it very difficult to get a good look at the coin and with that date and mint, there is the risk of an added S mint-mark, as well. Unless you are confident in the seller and he has a full return privilege I'd skip it.

The color looks fairly good, but we can't be certain if it is accurate. Additionally, as Mark has stated, who the heck knows if it is genuine. Lastly, there appear to be at least two specks of crud on the coin and that might be a concern.

The picture is too small to tell what the coin really is. It could be a VF or an EF for the base grade. You just can't tell from this photo.

The "S" mint mark looks a bit large to me, but once again, THAT PHOTO! :frustrated:

I would not buy and uncertified key date coin on eBay. There is just too much of a chance of being sorry about that purchase later.

The picture is too small to tell what the coin really is. It could be a VF or an EF for the base grade. You just can't tell from this photo.

The "S" mint mark looks a bit large to me, but once again, THAT PHOTO! :frustrated:

I would not buy and uncertified key date coin on eBay. There is just too much of a chance of being sorry about that purchase later.

I'm gonna have to agree with Bill here also!!