• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question On Non NGC and PCGS coins Into the Registry. and Why Not ANACS and ICG

5 posts in this topic

Have a simple question.

I have Filled in the Complete Set Of NGC and PCGS coins to Date Complete 144 coin Early Comm Set.

But The Issue is the Non NGC & PCGS coins that are in ANACS ( Note: The ANACS is the oldest Grading Company to date and now has Been Bought Up By Mr. Taylor and the Like from the Where he Used be at ICG ), and ICG Holders from a Long Time ago.

Why have they Not Put in a Slot for these as well and then.

The Next Question Is the remaining Coins to Completely Fill In the entire set, Am I going to have to Cross them all Over to Either NGC or PCGS to Be able to Enter them. This a Fair amount and Would Be a tidy Sum to Just Submit these coins and Granted i do have a Few Labeled that They Me be a real good Coins for upgrades . So What Is The Best way to Get these Into the Registry and The least Expensive Way too.

Now Granted have My Fantastic likes for NGC and they are One of the Finest I have Found to Do Some of the hardest Coins I have Ever submited.

And If not for them i would Have Never Properley gotten the Very hard to "ID" and Meteal Type of a real rare CWT Store card from Cooperstown, NY a 145 series with the Obverse Of the Indian # 1073 Not Listed in the Fuld book.

Also Mr. Sillmans Role was a Key factor in this Being done, So Many Cudo's to him and the Entire Grading Team for that Token. It was done exactley Perfect and no one else was able to do That to that date...

Thank you ..Blaster

Thr Registry is only for PCGS and NGC Coins. I beleive that historically Coins in ANACS and ICG have been known not to cross over to the same grade in PCGS and NGC.

It might have something to do with Grading Guidelines etc which others here can comment..

Also VAMS in ANACS will not directly cross over to NGC because NGC only recognizes the HOT 50 and the top 100 so any other VAM in ANACS will not cross over directly to NGC.

Aside from the above it is the NGC Registry and they have made the requirements for the Registry.

A better way might be to raise the question in the " Ask NGC " forum where a staff member of NGC can answer the question.

Otherwise you will have to pay the fees for crossing over to NGC.

Personally, I wouldn't trust anybody other than NGC and PCGS because most of the ICG graded coins that I purchased from HSN years ago when I was a novice collector have all turned out to be mis-graded. Most recently, I sent my set of ICG graded PR70 DCAM 1999-S Silver Statehood Quarters to PCGS to crossover. The Delaware, which is valued at $12,000.00 by PCGS didn't cross because it was a 68 and my minimal grade was a 69. The Pennsylvania didn't cross over either. The other 3 came back as PR69 DCAM's. If the entire set had crossed at PR70 DCAM and was slabbed by PCGS, it would be worth around $20,000.00 if somebody was silly enough to believe the PCGS values assigned to them. As is, the set is now worth about $150.00. This Mike Mizak or whatever his name is still hawking coins for HSN except now it includes ANACS graded coins. I sent off a letter to Mindy Grossman, the head of HSN and let her know my feelings about the coins that this guy is selling. I have received no response as yet. Anybody else have any grading problems with ICG or ANACS?

yes, mostly presidential coins.this is good to know.i will have my presidential coins sent in to ngc,and see ifthey come back less than 70.if they come back less,we will have a beef with them.i'll keep u updated.