• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I just won this on the Bay.......

10 posts in this topic

I've heard about these holder. It's the first time I've seen one... even a picture! It would be cool to see this one in person.

Scott :hi:

Judging by the seller's poor pics, I think you may be right about the coin being conservatively graded. (thumbs u

BTW, for those who haven't seen one of these old ANACS photo certificates, they didn't come in a plastic holder like the one pictured. I believe that is a Capitol Plastics holder made for holding photo-certified coins.

Has anyone ever submitted some of these to see how they would grade out by today's standards? I've submited a couple of them. One was an 1880 proof Indian Head Cent that was graded PF60/60 and it came back a 63. The other was an 1884O Morgan graded 63 and it came back a 65. I have this coin, that is graded VF30, but think it's more likely a 40.

1875soanacs.jpg

1875sranacs.jpg

1875anacs.jpg