• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The way coins were meant to be...

19 posts in this topic

Love that holed 1798!

Sorry, but I'm not big on holed coins. I think if you took a poll of coin collectors you would find that "holed" is the worst defect there is.

As for the other coins, some of them are OK. I'll have to take a closer look to find my favorites.

Love that holed 1798!

Sorry, but I'm not big on holed coins. I think if you took a poll of coin collectors you would find that "holed" is the worst defect there is.

As for the other coins, some of them are OK. I'll have to take a closer look to find my favorites.

I agree. Although a very small, very neatly drilled hole isn't too bad if its an otherwise prohibitively expensive coin (or if the mint made it ;) )

I like the 1834 half. That coin appears just about perfect in every way.

For reference the 1829 and 1826 bust halfs have been cleaned. But they were cheap in a trade deal. I traded junk silver rounds for the 1798 Dollar, soo score if you ask me. The 1833 and 1834 Bust halfs are orginal as one could hope. The 1888 Dime is nice as well XF coin. The large cent might have post mint damage, but a sign of use. And last the 1823 Bust half and 1862 Quarter prolly has been dipped a few times, but that is part of history. Take it for what it is. Oh yeah almost forgot the 1812 Bust half is starting to retone nicely.

i just love it :cloud9:18th century large bust dollar way cool (thumbs u

and a good item to show around at coin shows to younger collectors and also youth coin club members

a great large piece of history you can put in your pocket not worry about kids damaging it and not many kids have had the chance to ever see

let alone examine raw in their hands a large 18th century federal silver coin

impressive and holding history in your hands

superb :applause: