• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ok some new goodies

10 posts in this topic

*first is this gold coin. i think if it had a bath it would be a dcam looking coin.not that i know anything bout it other than behind the film it is shiny :P i like cameo look so ill take it either way but its nice.

scan0002-1.jpg

scan0001-1.jpg

*then we have a nice natural looking coin. just pulled from a check box collection :)

scan0003-1.jpg

scan0004-1.jpg

then i finaly found a 1979 t2 proof set. now i have the proof i need for birth yr.

and can you say something posotive now chad! gold is gold ,coin is coin,and nice is nice :P

always so informative though :)

also can i use e-z-est on gold? as long as i rinse good of course. or will it ruin it. i know the gold has nice dcam look but want it in slab. what do i do?

The Austrian gold ducat is likely not from 1915, but I think the majority of them were produced from 1920-1936, which gives it some age. This issue is quite handsome and often comes with PL or somewhat cameo surfaces.

am i able to dip gold? and would it get in slab? its not a copy or it would say right? is it actual coin?

Ant, that's a nice coin. I have one as well. Mine also has PL surfaces. I noticed this series of coin tends to have a bright bright yellow gold color, instead of other gold of 900 fineness which have more of a golden color. I think its because of the high purity of the gold. Not sure though.

The coin is 23 3/4 carats pure gold. Very pure. Or .986

I would NOT dip it. My friend once offered let him dip my gold sovereign , but I didn't. He said it would get a higher grade though. I think it might leave to unnatural surfaces.

Ant, its a real coin. I'll post a picture of mine too.