• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Last FUN Purchase, 1821 CBH

8 posts in this topic

This one has some neat toning. The entire surface has a base of orange-gold with blues, purples and pinks toward the edges. Luster is pretty strong especially on the reverse. Some hairlines in the obverse fields. The lighting exaggerates the scratches, which are toned over and actually not very noticeable in hand. Very little wear. Neat clashmarks on the reverse. Has this one been dipped? Possibly, though the luster is strong enough to indicate that it was a very good job.

100_1297.jpg

100_1298.jpg

I like it, in fact I'd like it in my type set! :cloud9:

I've been looking off and on for an AU bust half for my type set and although there are CBHs everywhere most don't appeal to me very much but this is a very attractive coin with a great strike. The full detail on all of the stars is something that I like to see on CBHs.

Nice pick up. :applause:

I like it, in fact I'd like it in my type set! :cloud9:

I've been looking off and on for an AU bust half for my type set and although there are CBHs everywhere most don't appeal to me very much but this is a very attractive coin with a great strike. The full detail on all of the stars is something that I like to see on CBHs.

Nice pick up. :applause:

You know, I did not even consider or notice how great the strike on this one is. Great point, Rexcat! The 1821 that this would replace (same die pairing) is a bit on the mushy side.

Yes, the reverse on this one is fantastic. The golden-orange toning is even better in hand. This is in an NGC 55 holder, and properly graded I may add. O-105 a. There is a die crack top of states.