• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FUN Purchase # 2 1811 CBH

13 posts in this topic

This one is now up there on my list of top 10 busties in my collection. Will advise on grade and overton later, but this is one nice original CBH!

100_1305.jpg

100_1306.jpg

This one is now up there on my list of top 10 busties in my collection. Will advise on grade and overton later, but this is one nice original CBH!

As well it should be. That is a NICE coin!

Looks like this one is a hands down winner with you guys. I agree. I thought when I bid on it that I was stretching to the point of way overpaying. As it turns out, I underpaid. Funny how it goes. The toning on this coin is very heavy, and the luster is very subdued. Strangely, it appears that somehow the luster toned completely different than the rest of the coin, so that you can actually see it all with out problem. Thing is, there is no "shimmer" because of the toning. Be that as it may, this is in an ANACS small holder graded as an XF-45. This coin appears to have AU wear to it. And traces of luster are still seen in the fields. I would say it can go either way, but this is one coin that the grade really does not matter one bit if you have the right people bidding on it.

What I like even more is that it is an IDS for O-103 (Large 8) that has an R3 rating overall. The obverse crack only goes from the edge to the tip of the 1 and is barely visible. You may go here for comparison if interested in seeing pics of more 1811 O-103's. http://coinzip.proboards79.com/index.cgi?board=1811b

I had bid on one of these O-103's last Summer in the Sheridan Downey MBS 33:

http://www.sheridanscoins.com/images/MBS33/Lot010.jpg

NGC-55

And lost by a whole lot. I would say that this coin is at least almost as good, and only 1/3 the price.