• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PCGS Value guide New Format!!

14 posts in this topic

Thanks for the heads up, Bobby. I like the new format and I like the up and down arrows. Very clean and easy to read, IMO.

Thanks Bobby. I have been on the site several times this afternoon and it was same as always. Must have just changed this evening. I tried my old site and it was no longer open. I do like the new site, also.

Jim

ARGHHHHH!!! They broke my program!! (they Killed Kenny, those bastards! :mad: )

I had a program that would grab the pages, pull the prices from the underlying HTML, and put them in a database. That program would run once per week and I would track trends. It did not matter that they were higher than other prices. It is an easily accessible price guide with data that I can use.

I just ran the program... it failed miserably. The coding of the page is different. Now I will have to fix my programs. It's been so long, I have to remember what they did. ARGHHHHHH!!!!!

Thanks for the heads-up, Bobby!

Scott :sumo:

ARGHHHHH!!! They broke my program!! (they Killed Kenny, those bastards! :mad: )

I had a program that would grab the pages, pull the prices from the underlying HTML, and put them in a database. That program would run once per week and I would track trends. It did not matter that they were higher than other prices. It is an easily accessible price guide with data that I can use.

I just ran the program... it failed miserably. The coding of the page is different. Now I will have to fix my programs. It's been so long, I have to remember what they did. ARGHHHHHH!!!!!

Thanks for the heads-up, Bobby!

Scott :sumo:

That must produce some nice homemade charts... great idea!

Even with the new format, some of the prices and some of the coins are still missing, or are out of order (2007 listed before 1988, 1987 not listed at all, etc.). It appears that even with the "FIX" that they have been planning for a while, it's not perfect.

It takes a little getting used to, but I think I'm going to like it as I get more accustomed to the layout.

I am THRILLED that they separated some of the coins such as:

Susan B. Anthony

Sacagawea

Presidential dollars

(these three were previously all lumped in the same category)

I like that they separated MODERN GOLD commemorative coins, it makes them MUCH easier to find.

Separating GOLD BUFFALO from the American Eagle was also a great idea.

Even the sub-categories within some of the categories make a lot more sense.

I'm talking myself into it even as I type...