• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another rant on the newest edition of eBay stupidity.... YELLING included!

8 posts in this topic

From eBay:

eBay buyers want value and selection from sellers they can trust--and good sellers deserve rewards for delivering great customer service. That's why we're making a number of important changes that may affect you:

1. Reduced Listing Fees

You asked, we listened. We're reducing Insertion Fees and adjusting Final Value Fees to lower your up-front cost to sell on eBay. You wanted free Gallery, now you've got it--plus more feature discounts.

* Lower Insertion Fees

* Making Gallery free

* Lower fees for Gallery Plus, Picture Pack, and Feature Plus

2. Rewards for great sellers

There will be discounts and incentives for those who satisfy customers best. Who decides who gets rewarded? Customers do, by giving sellers high Detailed Seller Ratings (DSRs).

* More search exposure through Best Match

* Fee discounts for PowerSellers

* Increased protection for PowerSellers

3. Feedback Changes

Significant changes coming soon will increase buyer confidence and showcase good sellers.

* Buyers will only be able to receive positive Feedback.

* Positive repeat customer Feedback will count and Feedback more than 12 months old won't.

* Negative and neutral Feedback left by the buyer will be removed for transactions in which a buyer doesn't respond to the Unpaid Item (UPI) or if the member is suspended.

For more details on how these changes may affect you, attend a special Seller Webinar at 10:00 a.m. this Friday, February 1. You may also see announcements from eBay executives on the Announcement Board.

1. Reduced Listing Fees

The eBay changes are DISGUSTING to me as a seller who tries to enhance your site by offering COMPLETELY TRUE AUCTIONS. I never reserve anything. I always start at a cent. I do not shill my items, period. I even give FREE SHIPPING, for Pete's sake! So, when my items are listed, THEY SELL, PERIOD. And eBay reaps the benefits of someone who puts ALL the power of valuing items in the hands of the buyers.

What's my big reward? Gee, I get a nickel off my insertion fees, then pay eBay a dollar more for my items that sell.

BIG REDUCTION, EBAY! You basically raised my costs by A DOLLAR per item! Gee, thanks. I'm so glad that you value sellers like me who embrace the TRUE AUCTION concept.

To top that off, eBay continues to reward those sellers who clutter up the site by starting items at absurd starting bids, or having absurd reserves, and end up listing the SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMEEEEEEE items over and over again. Bidders get sick and tired of having to waded through the same flood of crappy, crummy garbage listed over and over again, because the sellers don't have the common sense to realize that if something hasn't sold after thirty tries, MAYBE THE PRICE IS TOO HIGH!

2. Rewards for great sellers

What's a great seller on eBay? Why, a PowerScrewer, of course! You know, someone who sells fake, altered or overgraded coins in third-world slabs. And what better way to reward them than to give THEM discounts off closing value fees! I mean, again, why would eBay even consider actually rewarding sellers who run TRUE AUCTIONS?

3. Feedback Changes

Here are the most amazing, brilliant changes of all. Buyers can only leave positive feedback. After all, all that scary negative feedback might scare away potential bidders! And, we wouldn't want to discourage bidding on PowerScrewer items, now would we? Also, feedback over 12 months old won't count, since of course, it doesn't make sense for sellers to try to establish long-term relationships with customers, right? After all, ten years of positive feedback doesn't mean much by comparison to PowerScrewers with bogus positives left by their shills over the past month or so.

What kind of total moron dreamed up this stuff at eBay? Why do they so aggressively try to dissuade TRUE AUCTIONS on their AUCTION SITE?

I'm shaking my head in disbelief over the stupidity. Pardon the rant, but I just had to vent.

rantrant , rantrant and more rantrant

Just a small edit James

" Buyers can only leave positive feedback" to

" Buyers will only be able to receive positive Feedback"

I'd like to add that eBay says that Sellers will be able to BLOCK bidding on their auctions from Buyers with NEGATIVE feedback scores.

Here's the rub that is NOT in the FAQ of eBay's new Feedback scoring policy:

If buyers can ONLY receive POSITIVE feedback, how is it, exactly, that Sellers can block Buyers with negative scores from bidding on their auctions?

And the answer of negatives from PRIOR to the change doesn't exactly fly because people will just set up new accounts, or maybe people will have TWO accounts, one for buying, one for selling, so their "buying" account always remains 100% positive.

Something is amiss.

I thought it also stated that seller could leave a neg if payment hadn't been recv'd by a certain time?? I didn't go back and re-read it all, just being lazy!

I believe you are right Bobby. I also am getting to the point that I will no longer be selling on ebay. I have the hope that someone smarter than me will start a website that can compete with the EVIl :devil: that is Ebay

the CEO leaving soon people will see the king of on line auctions has no clothes and are just pathetic, all without leadership and declining earnings.People on Wall Street say The company has been struggling to keep up with the competition in its auction business. Two key components that have hurt eBay's auction business are (1) raising fees that have left some of the company's long term users looking for other venues to do their business, and (2) large number of fraudulent items on the site.Users have had two main complaints about eBay recently: high fees and high fraud risk.

I don't see things changing for the good