• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wow what some interesting images

23 posts in this topic

What do you make of these pics? I won this coin on Ebay taking a chance and paid 40 for it not a huge gamble but with these images a gamble none the less.

halfcent.jpg

I think that was $40.00 that was miss spent.

It looks corroded to me.

Does he have a return policy?

Yes 7 days no questions asked so I wasn't to worried will only be out shipping
Then what the hey... If it works out great if it doesnt, No big deal. (thumbs u

For some reason I just impulsivley buy stuff like this hoping to find a great deal. Guess I should just stick to my Roosie's

Hey, as long as they don't put you in a bind financially, why not buy "stuff like this?" I surely do. They are great to own, and hold, and study. Coins like this can make for great educational pieces, and I need plenty of that!

Low-cost learning is the way to go, IMO. Sure beats having to learn a lesson from a thousand dollar mistake :o !

I agree on the half cent... probably a ground recovery piece that's been harshly cleaned and is starting to retone...

The Buffalo Nickel looks like it was shot from outerspace... I can't see it either..L

If you end up enjoying the coin, then any nay-saying is a moot point. That said, it does not appear to be an attractive coin to me, from those images. $40 should buy you a pretty decent Classic Head half-cent.

Here are my pic's the coin came today. I am having a hard time getting good pic's. The blue green is not on the coin in hand. What do you think should I keep it or send it back due to old cleaning?

largecent4.jpg

largecent3.jpg

largecent1.jpg

largecent2.jpg

I have to say that it's not very pretty, IMO, at least from the pictures, but that is beside the point. The question is: do you like it, or will you wish, every time that you look at it, that you had spent that $40 on something better? If you don't like it, then study it, learn from it, and then return it.

I agree with Bob and Tom. It's a beat up coin, altered in many ways, and just not worth the $40 you paid.

If you like it, by all means, keep it. But if it were mine, I would send it back ASAP.

I'm having trouble reading the date on this. I think that it is 1832. If so this is a common date in the half cent series, and most of the survivors are in VF or better. Even without the cleaning this coin is low grade for the year.

I guess as long as you are having fun with this stuff it's OK, but the long term potential for this kind of material is not great. It's better to have a few good things than a lot of lower grade things.

I am trying to get a couple of everything for the kids. While doing so on my meager budget for coin's I have trouble getting good examples. Always looking for a deal.