• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Well since the blue Copper BS can not be resolved then I propose a WYNK thread

23 posts in this topic

Be done.. There are a LOT of people here who have a good amount of experience with them either through Selling,Creating or just Whining.

And since 90% of the new people here Know nothing about the actual facts of Blue Copper I feel that this would be the actual educational part.

We have some really bright people here who have been ignored by the few who have really no intent to educate.

And a plus would be that all the blue weenies would have a place to congregate and whine...

Well, a WYNTK thread is not supposed to be a place to congregate and whine - it is a place to learn and educate. The blue copper issue stirs up so much controversy and arguing and bitter fighting and outright war that I do not think it should be elevated to WYNTK status. WYNTK should be high level education, our spotlight threads if you will, and the arguing and namecalling and nastiness that is sure to ensue is not something I would really want to put on a spotlight. Do you?

Another reason I strongly disagree is that it is impossible to write an article about blue copper without bias. Sure, there are some people that are knowledgeable about it (either good or bad, you decide). But they will have their (strong) biases, agree with them or not.

The third and final reason I disagree is that no one really seems to know the true facts about all this. Sure, there are some cases where you can tell that yeah, that coin was doctored. And there are some cases where you can tell that yeah, that coin appears original. But there are so many cases that fall in between, with one camp vehemently calling it original, and the other camp vehemently accusing the first camp of creating it.

So, I am against a blue copper WYNTK thread.

Does Mr.Supertooth still have editing powers over the WYNK threads?

I should have added a smiley to the part where I said congregate doh!

With this issue I believe that editing is the only way to get an educational discussion on the subject..

As far as not having the facts,,, Well that has never stopped the diatribe and has done more to raise the ignorance level on these boards.

At least with the wynk the BS could be discarded and people would have the chance to make up their own minds.

Which to be honest, Will get around the personal sentiments and agendas.

AND will allow for ACTUAL education.

But PFan I thank you for your honest and well thought out post. (thumbs u

I did a thread of "before" and "after" applications of MS70 to copper coins awhile back. Maybe it could be converted to a WYNTK thread?
I think It would be a good place to start..But I would hope that some here who have have access to more prominent types,,Mr. Snow, Some in the EAC, Some board members like Tomb ,Physicsfan, And others who have ACTUAL knowlage as to the properties of and the reactions of copper coinage and it's actual interactions with outside substances be added as well.

Maulemall----- Awhile back, Arch sent me a PM asking me about putting certain posts under the WYNTK title. He wanted to possibly place certain well read posts that had not originally been under the WYNTK title into the archives? Since my only purpose from the beginning was to have the WYNTK posts as "educational" tools for anyone to take advantage of said information, I was all for his suggestion.

Also, because of my total lack of skills with the computer, I was more than willing to let him handle the computer work. So, I would imagine that a post---no matter whether it had a WYNTK title or not---would have a chance to be put into the WYNTK archives----as long as the thread provided needed information for all of us.

Personally, I see no harm in any thread that educates us. I just hope that it doesn't get out of hand---into nasty replies---and then Arch would either shut it down or delete certain parts of it. If everyone tells the truth as they know it to be----should be a lively endeavor. Bob [supertooth]

I don't remember who, but someone did an experiment with several copper/bronze coins and showed before and after photos on treatment with MS70. I believe some of the coins were foreign, and some were U.S. I think that was the best evidence to the effects of MS70. If the person that conducted that experiment is reading this, please post those photos again.

JJ

I don't remember who, but someone did an experiment with several copper/bronze coins and showed before and after photos on treatment with MS70. I believe some of the coins were foreign, and some were U.S. I think that was the best evidence to the effects of MS70. If the person that conducted that experiment is reading this, please post those photos again.

JJ

I'm not the person who started it (James is), but believe you are referring to this thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1325378&page=0&fpart=1

Now I'm curious to do this experiment with various chemicals to see what happens.

I got buckets of copper pennies for test subjects.

I heard dandruff shampoo and heat does something. In a potato with eggs (almost sounds like a casserole)? Anyone tried ammonia or bleach ? How about that blue toilet cleaner ?

If I do this little experiment, I will post the results.

Now I'm curious to do this experiment with various chemicals to see what happens.

I got buckets of copper pennies for test subjects.

I heard dandruff shampoo and heat does something. In a potato with eggs (almost sounds like a casserole)? Anyone tried ammonia or bleach ? How about that blue toilet cleaner ?

If I do this little experiment, I will post the results.

I am in the process of doing the MS-70 on copper will see how it goes. I also have seen/heard of using dandruff shampoo on silver. The coins I seen in this experiment had a orange tone to them.