• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DVD: Detecting Counterfeit and Altered U.S. Coins

6 posts in this topic

I just noticed this title on a 2 DVD set and was wondering if anyone has seen it and how is it?

Detecting Counterfeit and Altered U.S. Coins

Featuring J.P. Martin

Look through the microscope with J.P. Martin as he explains everything you need to know to avoid the costly mistake of purchasing a counterfeit coin. The tape is a two-hour-and-40-minute mini-seminar that explains:

How to recognize die fingerprints.

The characteristics of genuine coins.

The tools you will need for detecting counterfeit coins.

How to recognize the types of counterfeit dies.

Electrotypes and casting.

Mintmark alterations and repairs.

Like the grading video, this DVD could save you hundreds or thousands of dollars if it keeps you from making a mistake on one single purchase. 160 minutes DVD Format

Is it geared toward beginners? How in-depth is it? Interesting?

I just noticed this title on a 2 DVD set and was wondering if anyone has seen it and how is it?

Detecting Counterfeit and Altered U.S. Coins

Featuring J.P. Martin

Look through the microscope with J.P. Martin as he explains everything you need to know to avoid the costly mistake of purchasing a counterfeit coin. The tape is a two-hour-and-40-minute mini-seminar that explains:

How to recognize die fingerprints.

The characteristics of genuine coins.

The tools you will need for detecting counterfeit coins.

How to recognize the types of counterfeit dies.

Electrotypes and casting.

Mintmark alterations and repairs.

Like the grading video, this DVD could save you hundreds or thousands of dollars if it keeps you from making a mistake on one single purchase. 160 minutes DVD Format

Is it geared toward beginners? How in-depth is it? Interesting?

That seems like a very interesting DVD...I might just have to get it.

hm

This is probably from one of the ANA summer seminar mini seminars and is quite probably available on loan from the ANA library for free to ANA members.

OK I checked the library, this DVD is a copy of a videotape made back in 1993. The library has five copies of the tape but none of the DVD. One copy of the tape is currently checked out, the other four are available. Library call number is GA70.M3d