• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need Help. Does this toning look real. Thanks.

10 posts in this topic

lightly cleaned and retoning... toning is ok ... but cleaned.

I Agree albiet HEAVILY Cleaned :) - I cleaned up the reverse picture

51597-morgan.jpg.a304039652a233e678904f3d37c2380e.jpg

Not nearly a "BU" coin. It's only worth melt, to me.

That's where I tend to agree. No one had bid on the coin yet, and the starting price was $9.99 with $4.99 for shipping. Personally, with silver at about $16.50 per ounce, if I could get a Morgan, cleaned or otherwise, for $15? You could probably do worse. Not much for the numismatic value, but I can think of all sorts of uses:

1. Melt/intrinsic

2. A gift to a young collector to see something different

3. A "gift with purchase" item to a customer if you sell coins on eBay yourself. Hey, it may be cleaned, but it's a lot of silver, which isn't cheap nowadays, and appears to continue to be on the rise!

That's just off the top of my head, I bet smart cookies could think of plenty of things to do with it.

Would I pay the "Buy it Now" price? Not a chance. Would I go much past the $9.99 initial start? Probably not. Maybe $10.51 to give myself a chance to counter a second bid, but that's about it.